Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Ticket

Default Extra Ticket

The package for our next trip includes 4 day tickets but we'll only be able to use 3 of the tickets. Any suggestions as to what to do with the 4th? We could actually get 3 day tickets but it's only a couple of dollars less. Can I get a non-expiration just on the extra ticket?
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

I don't think you can get a non-expiration option on just a part of a ticket purchase and the extra price to add non-expiration for one day probably wouldn't pay for itself. I wonder if you can use two tickets on one day to hop?
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    I don't think you can get a non-expiration option on just a part of a ticket purchase and the extra price to add non-expiration for one day probably wouldn't pay for itself. I wonder if you can use two tickets on one day to hop?
    You couldn't when i went in Nov 07. We had 7 day passes and one day left bc we had MVMCP that got us in the first day. We didn't buy the hopper option bc we knew we wouldn't use it everyday. The last day we wanted to go to MK in the am and MGM in the pm. They said we couldn't do it bc the machines are only set up to take it once a day???? But the CM was nice enough to convert ours to a hopper on our last day.
    Sunshine Rewards

I didn't think I could use 2 tix on one day. Hmmm....well, that stinks. Having an extra day Disney ticket is just kinda wrong. We may just have to start our drive down much earlier so we might can have a few hours at a park on arrival day. DH gets a bit Grumpy after a 9 hour drive if I ask him to go to a park, though. He has bad back problems, and the 9 hour drive kinda gets to him. We normally hang out at the resort and go to a nice TS restaurant on arrival day.

We often come home with extra days on our ticket but it isn't worth it to add the no-expiration on. We usually go for 12 or 13 nights and get 10 day tickets which gives us the flexibility to go into the parks for 10 days, even though we have some trips that we only go 8 or 9. The difference in price is so minimal that it is nice to know that we can go into the park on one of our "off" days if we need/want to. Since we go in August, we have also run into hurricanes/tropical storms where we are forced to leave the park early on one day so then we can still go back on another day since we have the longer ticket.

It does stink "losing" a day on a ticket but since there is a possibility that we will use it, for us it is worth it.

If you are REALLY sure that you won't use the 4th day, it may be worth it to save the few dollars and downgrade to a 3 day ticket - even if it is only a couple of dollars. Or, my favorite option is to add another night to your trip!
    Debbie

Well, I actually would love to add another day but will have to see if DH can get off work Friday so we could leave then instead of early Sat. morning. Don't know if he has the extra vacation day. Hey but I'm all for that!!!

Are you able to sell the 4th day or is it good only for you guys since you've used the first 3?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

If they didn't fingerprint any of the days, we probably could sell a one day ticket, but I have always been fingerprinted at least once every time I've been lately.

Did you check into how much the non expiry would be? I took my mother a few years ago and bought her a 4 day parkhopper. We only used 3 days so I added non-expiry for that last day. I forgot how much it was to add the option but it was a lot less than a 1 day ticket. Now when we take my mother again, she'll be able to use that ticket........it's good forever.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Wink

Laurie, here's a quote:

No Expiration Option - Regular Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days after their first use. Choosing the No Expiration option means you are free to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time. Extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is:

1-day ticket not available for this

2 day ticket $8.11 with tax

3 day ticket $24.50 with tax

4 day ticket $53.25 w/tax

The No Expiration Option can be added after the initial ticket purchase, but you'll have to pay the full upgrade based on the original length of the ticket. For instance, if you buy a 4-day ticket and decide on the 2nd day of your vacation that you won't be using the rest of the ticket on this trip, you can add No Expiration for $53.25 and use the remaining 2 days on a future trip. Such upgrades are allowed within the first 14 days (day of first use plus 13 days).

So, you'd have to do this before you're down to 1 day left!
    Hope this helps!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!