Thread: Phone Ringing off the hook....never happened before

Default Phone Ringing off the hook....never happened before

I've just started being SLAMMED with phone calls about offers that I KNOW I haven't signed up for. I've been here since last Fall and have never had such a problem before. Something has changed but I don't know what. I'm very careful about not signing up for things that I don't actually want, but my phone number has gotten out somehow. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Is it just me?

Same thing is happening to me, I got about 5 calls this morning in about 30 minutes, it's driving me nuts.

I haven't had any calls today on either my home or my business line. But I also don't do too many of the freebie offers. The bad thing is that if you give you number to just one and they don't have a privacy policy, they can sell it to others. Of course, if you are on the Do Not Call list, I don't think that they can call you unless you have specifically requested information from THAT company. Is there any consistency to the calls? Like all of them are about insurance or something like that?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I hate it when I answer and they don't say anything. So now if I don't recognize the number I let it rollover to viocemail.

Oh, and I really hate it when an automated voice says: please hold for an important phone call and music starts playing. If it's that important you would think a live person would be there from the beginning.

Anyway, sorry about the calls and maybe if you don't answer they will eventually stop calling.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I hate it when I answer and they don't say anything. So now if I don't recognize the number I let it rollover to viocemail.

Oh, and I really hate it when an automated voice says: please hold for an important phone call and music starts playing. If it's that important you would think a live person would be there from the beginning.

Anyway, sorry about the calls and maybe if you don't answer they will eventually stop calling.
    Those are the type calls I used to get, but not the type I'm getting now. The ones that just started are very aggressive and they don't stop calling. I ignored it at first and let my machine pick up, but they just ring back, many times a day and start again the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I haven't had any calls today on either my home or my business line. But I also don't do too many of the freebie offers. The bad thing is that if you give you number to just one and they don't have a privacy policy, they can sell it to others. Of course, if you are on the Do Not Call list, I don't think that they can call you unless you have specifically requested information from THAT company. Is there any consistency to the calls? Like all of them are about insurance or something like that?
    We are on the no call list, so these people must feel I signed up willingly. Most are Health or life or auto insurance, but some are singles groups [hubby likes those, and my son says "mom, your dating service called again"], and others. I can't imagine what I've done differently to get these calls that don't end.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I was getting calls from Cheap Trips.com and it was a recording each time saying, "Hi, this is Josh and I've been trying to reach you." going on and on with their spiel, then it gives the phone number at the end. Well I ignored these daily phone calls for weeks until we got back from vacation last week and I had about 20 missed calls with 15 of them being from "Josh". I got so irritated that I called the number and told them in no uncertain terms that if I hadn't gotten back to them after the first 50 calls to my home that they should be pretty certain that I had no intention of doing so and to please take my number off their calling list and not call me again....no more calls from them and I haven't gotten anything from anyone else since either which is weird.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES