Thread: Need A Protein Bar

Default Need A Protein Bar

i LOVE protein bars, and i wanted to get some for my disney trip. the atkins bars i usually eat are covered with some sort of fake chocolate, so they wouldn't travel well in florida heat. does anyone know of a low (preferably no) sugar, low-carb, high protein snack bar that has no faux chocolate coating? i've been looking in the stores, but no luck so far. anything that would be appropriate is way too high in carbs or calories. i'd like to keep it under 180 calories, if possible. i know how crazy this sounds, but i'm a gastric bypass patient and i have to be really particular about what i eat. TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    i LOVE protein bars, and i wanted to get some for my disney trip. the atkins bars i usually eat are covered with some sort of fake chocolate, so they wouldn't travel well in florida heat. does anyone know of a low (preferably no) sugar, low-carb, high protein snack bar that has no faux chocolate coating? i've been looking in the stores, but no luck so far. anything that would be appropriate is way too high in carbs or calories. i'd like to keep it under 180 calories, if possible. i know how crazy this sounds, but i'm a gastric bypass patient and i have to be really particular about what i eat. TIA!
    I like these South Beach Diet Bars

They are chocolate crisp... I have taken them to Florida in June before and they did fine. There is also a maple one - haven't tried that though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I like these South Beach Diet Bars

They are chocolate crisp... I have taken them to Florida in June before and they did fine. There is also a maple one - haven't tried that though.
    South Beach Protein Bars in Maple Nut are my favorite. They are 140 calories with only 9 net carbs.
    Angie

thanks ladies! i think i've seen these at wal-mart, but i didn't seriously consider them b/c i was looking for something w/o chocolate (which isn't going to happen, i don't think, lol). i'll have to give them a taste test!
    Last edited by iluvamystery89; 05-09-2009 at 09:47 PM.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Some of the Luna Bars are made without chocolate. You could try those out.
    Sunshine Rewards