Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Members

Default Question for Members

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not?

I'm just trying to put a little info together in my head and would appreciate any and all feedback and comments you can possibly give me.

Thanks.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? I read about SR on the DIS and thought I could earn a little money for Disney.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Yes, at first. I was afraid to give any personal info, not so much to SR, but to Greenfield and the advertisers. When I cashed out for my first $25 Disney gift card, I was a believer!

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? no, although I do some surveys through My Survey after signing up through SR.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not? Shop and do surveys. I don't want the e-mails from the offers (even though I have an "offer" e-mail address, and I won't do anything that requires my phone number unless it is a paid trial that I want to do or a product through an offer (I don't do freebies that ask for a phone number).

Hope this is useful info for you!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

1. I did another site and it shut down.
    2. There was a discussion on the DIS about SR, and I was DISnaughty and offered to be someone's referral.
    3. I didn't think you would be a scam because I already had reward site experience. I really liked when I started how you guys would post on the forum all the time. Not just SR business stuff, but on all the threads. It seemed you really had a good relationship with your members.
    4. Yes--I feel I should expand this by saying I only do emails/clicks at other sites.
    5. I used to do it all. I have been lazy the last few months. The offers aren't crediting at all for me even though I get bombarded with email and calls so I am stopping with those. Surveys were hit and miss with crediting in Jan. for me so I kind of stopped. I just need to get into the groove again. I shop if I can find a good deal or my DH needs work clothes. I'm, um, cheap and I enjoy the hunt for the bargain. I find I can do that in the brick and mortar better. Plus I hate paying for shipping.
    Last edited by bajam; 05-11-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: clarity

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? A daughter's friend referred me. I joined to earn money for Disney--I've "earned" more: friends and a great community of people and a wonderful website run by wonderful people.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Not really! My daughter's friends gave SR a high rating and recommendation!

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? No. I love SR and thee is no extra time in my schedule for "other sites"

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not? I do ALL. Every penney counts! Sometimes the phone calls from the same vendors are a bit maddening, but I deal with it.
    Last edited by T1nkrules; 05-11-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added more text

I'm going to be brutally honest (seriously, feel free to smack me)
    What made your join SR? Why did you come here? Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, whatconvinced you otherwise? I was very, very leary. I joined the DIS in March 06, and while I heard a lot about SR, I was hesitant. I got burned in an "autosurf" scam about four months prior to that, as well as being left holding the ball when [brandname edited] referral Congas were going around in 05. However, my late May 06, I was a recent college graduate with debt, no job, and looking for a little extra money I started just doing the paid clicks, as at the time I was shopping through [bleep]. I couldn't get a survey, and I was scared of offers.
    Then in the fall of 2006, I started reading personal finance blogs. One was posting about the money blogger was making in reward programs, so shortly thereafter I joined blogger's site in October 06. I then decided, once I got the hang of that ptc program, so try to get SM for one quarter on SR purely so that I could get then then-discounted SM rate on Disney gc's starting in April 07. When the other site closed, I became an SR monogamist. And now that my personal finance blog is hosted by MeyerTech, I feel like I've come full circle.
    It was almost a year before I made any real money on SR after I joined, which I try to tell newbies.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? I'm a mod on a unofficial Disney site and someone posted a bunch of sites that that they used to earn money for Disney.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam. Yep, I was very leary at first, but I did join and then spent a lot of time just lurking in the forum and reading what people were saying. I started out by just doing the daily clicks and scratch offs, and then the surverys, etc. etc.

what convinced you otherwise? Honestly, it was the way that you and the other staff seemed to really respond to questions, complaints, and especially the way the other members here were so friendly and didn't hesitate to jump in and help anyone that was new.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? I just don't have the time to spend doing more than one site of this kind.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? I do some of each, although I only do the offers if I have time to spend clicking

I'm just trying to put a little info together in my head and would appreciate any and all feedback and comments you can possibly give me.

What other kind of feedback are you looking for hun ??
    Last edited by Breeze88; 05-11-2009 at 10:54 AM.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? I'm also one that read about SR on the DIS and thought I could earn a little money for Disney.

Were you leery and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? No not really because of what people where saying on the DIS, either that or I was very naive? I just jumped in with both feet. I joined on 2/1/06, the very beginning of SR but I think that when the Forum was introduced, that helped immensely.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? I was doing just clicks on another site but haven't even logged in there in months.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? I do most of it except I don't do the trial type offers.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

What made your join SR? Like most others, I read about SR on the DISboards. Decided to check it out, and have been coming almost every day since.
    Why did you come here? To earn extra Disney Money, and meet people with similar interests from all over.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? NOt leary of SR, and didn't really think I had anything to lose.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Just a few other sites occasionally. Not much time to do many.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not?
    Rarely do offers as I got too many emails and calls afterwards. I try to do surveys everyday, and shop through SR.

Thanks for such a great site.

Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? Read about it on another site and wanted to earn Disney gift cards for an upcoming trip.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? I was a little leery, but decided to just jump in and try it.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? My experience with SR has been so good that this is the only one I do. I don't want to jeopardize my association with SR by any issues that might occur with overlapping surveys, etc.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? I do all, but may start to do fewer offers. I've been having computer issues and am now just a little wary of all of the popups and having my personal info out there.
    Barb

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

What made your join SR? I was on disboards and I wanted to check out what SR was. I don't even know who referred me but I said the first one to send me a link got my referral

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? I didn't know what to expect but am always willing to try something new.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Yes but only paid emails and mysurveys.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? Surveys have killed me recently. They just don't come around as much for me. I try to do all my shopping online and offers when I have time.