Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for Members

What made your join SR?
    -Read about SR on the DIS and how it was a great way to earn some extra Disney money.

Why did you come here?
    -Was looking for a way to earn some extra spending money for vacations

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise?
    -I wasn?t leary of SR in general, just some of the offers. I think the forums really helped guide me to figure out what offers were non-spammy. Plus I like the fact that the SR crew is so active on the forum it made it feel like a much more friendly atmosphere.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well?
    -I do two other sites that are survey only (not Greenfield surveys). I only qualify for a couple a month on those sites.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not?
    -I do both, probably mostly surveys and then offers. Some shopping I?ll only do through SR like shoes and clothes. But I?m more of a last minute shopper and sometimes I just need to walk around the mall to get ideas for gifts.

What made your join SR?
    I too found SR on the Dis Boards.
    Why did you come here?
    I was mostly curious at first. Then when we were going to Disney I did a few offers and made a little extra cash.
    Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Did you do/currently do other sites as well?
    I didn't know what to expect. I didn't do any offers that I would not have done regardless of credit and just checked out what I cvould do.
    I mostly just shop because I don't have time to do the surveys all the time and only do the offers that require shopping bascially. I have tried offers in the past that don't require shopping and I can never get any of them to credit.

What made your join SR?
    I too found SR on the Dis Boards.
    Why did you come here? I am always looking for ways to save money and get a little as well

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Did you do/currently do other sites as well?
    Not Since i was refered from a member of the DIS board i knew it had to be for real.
    Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not? I try for all 3 surveys moist days and do offers as well. I love the shopping links links as well.
    Every day is better with a little in it.I have earned over 2000.00 in sunshine rewards.

What made your join SR?

I read about SR on DIS and decided to check it out.

Why did you come here?

I thought it would be a way to earn a little extra for my vacations.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise?

No. What I read about SR was positive and I didn't think that I was risking anything.

I participate in E-miles to earn Delta miles.

I do surveys and shop. I have done offers, but I don't now. I recently got a new phone number and I don't want all of the telemarketer calls.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

What made your join SR? At the time, I was actively looking for something like this, so I could earn a lil extra money. I found a referral to SR on another forum (having to do with babies, etc!) and investigated. I liked what I saw; I looked at the forum and liked the fact that there seemed to be so many happy, satisfied people. I got the idea that even if wouldn't earn a lot, this was an honest place I could at least earn a little.
    Why did you come here? hmm, guess that's covered in the above!
    Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Oh, I do have to admit to a bit of skepticism about earning very much, but I didn't think SR would be a scam. There wasn't any fee, and the possibilities of earning seemed fairly straightforward. I liked that SR was upfront about the fact that this wasn't a 'get-rich quick' place. It didn't take me too long to earn enough to order a gift card and when I got it with a couple weeks, I was hooked!
    Did you do/currently do other sites as well? I fiddled a bit with one other, but was not impressed, as the setup was so different, impersonal, and it took over two months to earn $10 and then 2 more to get that check! Before then, I had already decided I would concentrate on SR, as it was most reliable and honest. And I loved the family, community feel!
    At first, I did just surveys and offers. After a few months, I started doing more shopping, too, when I got over my leariness of using my cc online!
    Now, I am so busy with so much going on that I don't have time to do as many surveys/offers as I did, and I am probly shopping less (partly at DH's request and partly because I want to wait until we're in our new home and settled, so I can get some things for it..) But I try to do something every day, and keep up in the forums, too.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

What made your join SR? I saw a thread on the DIS that Tricia posted on. This was I believe in March 2006.

Why did you come here? I wanted to earn some extra money. I liked that a cashout option was the Disney Dollars/Gift cards

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? I was slightly leary. I hadn't ever done anything like this before and wasn't sure about 'free' money for surveys and such. What convinced me was doing offers and such and seeing my account grow quickly. And receiving those first Disney Dollars in the mail REALLY cemented that this was fer-real!

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? I do one other one, that gives you 5 point clicks in emails. I do not shop with this site unless it is an offer not available here.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not? I do it all!!!

I'm just trying to put a little info together in my head and would appreciate any and all feedback and comments you can possibly give me.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

What made your join SR?
    Read about it on the DIS
    Why did you come here?
    To make $ for Disney
    For a long time, I heard about SR and did nothing. I had signed up for some survey only sites, however, and was making a little bit of money on them. My oldest son was going to be doing the Disney College Program, so I decided I really needed to get on SR. I couldn't really figure out what to do -- people said they made all this money reading email and clicking. I was making very little, so I kind of forgot about it until I got in a focus group for new members of another rewards site. One of the questions was what other sites we did, and one of my fellow group members said SR was the best. That group more than anything made me think I could make $ on SR and the other site. Within a few months, though, SR was the site I was concentrating on.
    I registered with several other way back when, but now only "do" totally SR. I do 5-point email clicks and shopping only if SR doesn't have the merchant on one other site, but I've yet to cash in there. I also do two paid survey sites, both of which have been SR offers.
    I do it all. There are a few categories of freebie offers I don't do b/c they generate massive numbers of phone calls.

What made your join SR?I was referred by my sister.

Why did you come here? I knew that my sister was making money here so I thought I'd give it a try.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? I was not leary because I trust my sister, but I never really thought I could earn the kind of money I have. I started out slow just doing clicks and a few surveys (I really love doing surveys) and when I saw my balance going up it encouraged me to do more and more. It took me about 2 months to really get the hang of everything.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? No, only SR.

I do it all, but mainly surveys, some shopping and offers when I have time.
    Last edited by Iteach; 05-11-2009 at 09:04 PM.

What made your join SR?
    Read about it on the Disboards and got a referral.
    Why did you come here?
    To earn money for Disney
    I was leary at first - I joined in October 2006 and wasn't sure what SR was all about and how to make $$ - concerned that I would get ripped off but after a while I got over it and started earning a tone of $$. Everything I have earned has gone towards Disney. I think what got me over my learyness (is that a word???) was that the top three contest started and I really wanted to make it - the first month I was #4 and so disappointed!! But I really liked it when there were the discounts for Disney GC!
    I do one other site that I only click on the 5 point emails. I have only redeemed there once and have probably $100 worth of GC's to redeem but don't know which to get because they DON'T DO DISNEY GC's!!!!!! And I do 2 survey sites that were both on SR!
    Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not? I do it all!!!!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

What made your join SR? Shelly (3kid2dogmom) when she heard I was finally booking a trip to WDW she convinced me to give it a try.
    Why did you come here? same as above once we finally booked I wanted to earn money for WDW, my goal was $50 and I ended up taking $350 in disney GC's with me. BUt I've also gained SO MUCH more besides rewards. I never expected to find such a good community of people who I can call friends.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? The first time Shelly sent me a link and tried to get me to sign up (about a year before I actually did) I couldn't be bothered. At the time no WDW trip in site and it was made to sound like that you would be earning towards WDW. Had a known about Target and other stores at the time I "may" have tried sooner. When I gave it a try the 2nd time she sent me the link I figured to check it out, knowing Shelly as well as I do I figured if she's stuck with it this long it must be legit.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Believe it or not the bargain shopper, look for a deal person that I am, never really knew these type of sites existed. Also having gone to college for programming and being on the internet for 10+ years I never really bothered to look but am very comfortable with doing different activities on the computer.

All the above, just depends on time. I always check SR first for shopping on most items. I do offers if it interests me, some are hit or miss and for a year and a half I've been able to manage about 28 on average DS a month, and probably 20 SM's and 15 OTX's give or take. So yes survey's are a big deal for me.
    Sunshine Rewards