Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for Members

What made your join SR?
    Saw it mentioned on the Disboards.

Why did you come here?
    I am desperately wanting to make a DisneyWorld trip and since I am a SAHM right now, this is my way of contributing to the cost.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise?
    I am not leary of SR, but I don't know sometimes about the advertisers-I've seen a few horror stories about misc. unauthorized charges, so I try to be extra cautious with my info. I really do trust SR though and have already seen you guys pull off some of the "questionables." I like the "personal" touch here with the forum and know I'll be able to get help if I need it.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well?
    Yes. I'm a B**Agent, so I am automatically enrolled in MyP******. I don't ever do the offers through ******** though, I only click through for the points. I also signed up with InBox$$ for the paid e-mails since I saw it on the BzzAgent Frogpond, but it doesn't have the best reputation, so I don't know if I'll stick with it. I'm also a member of 2 other sites that were mentioned on the Disboards-one I really like (it often has better payouts on offers/surveys than SR *sorry to say*) and one that I don't do much with.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not?
    I do a little bit of everything, but I *hate* doing the offers sometimes. I do not enjoy giving out personal information when the offers do not credit. This is one of the main reasons I would be hesitant to try and refer new members. I can handle junk mail and spam, but the phone calls bug the crap out of me-especially when I KNOW the caller is from one of those offers that didn't credit. I also avoid offers that include a "trial period" , because I know I will forget to cancel and get charged and I just don't want the hassle. I can handle doing the surveys, although they are sometimes frusterating and can take too much time. I LOVE getting cashback for shopping-since I'm doing it already anyways, might as well get rewarded.

What made your join SR? I saw it on DIS and thought if I could earn me some Disney money, it had to be all good!

Why did you come here? To feed my Disney habit

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? No, not really. I saw others that were trusting SR and earning Disney money so I believed it was a good thing too.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? I have joined one other site since joining SR, but it's just not as good. I don't do any surveys on there so that I don't deplete my number available on SR (Cause SR is my first love--well, after Mickey!) All I do there is the clicks.

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? I shop and do surveys and clicks. I try to do the offers but they don't credit very well for me.

If you don't do all, why not? I sign up for emails and offers, get the emails by the thousands and the newsletters, but can't seem to get credits very often so I get very discouraged. I want to do the offers to earn more if I can ever figure out what I need to do to get credits!! (More money for Mickey. )
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

What made your join SR? Why did you come here? Like others I heard about SR on the DISboards. I asked Tricia to be part of our WPASADI game because she seemed nice. Maybe that made me trust her. I was anxious to earn extra money toward Disney. Although I do love earning extra $, I really love the comeraderie found here. I really enjoy the forums!

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Yes, I was a lille leery, but DH was more so. But, I had already started another (bigM) site, so I just jumped in. I do think I was a ltiile naieve at first!

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not? I have done a couple of other sites, but not stuck with them. I only do 1 other now, and it's just for the paid clicks that do add up over time. It's not half the fun there! I shop through SR whenever I can. I comparison shop online and in the stores to get the best prices though. I try surveys on days when I have time, so that varies, but I do them whenever I can. I go through phases with them though, as I get quite frustrated at times and occcasionally take a break from them. I don't do many offers anymore, unless they are from a company that I know or it is something I really want. Most "freebie" offers don't credit for me anyway, and they are such a hassle, that I only do them if I have extra time or if I am in the mood.

I'm just trying to put a little info together in my head and would appreciate any and all feedback and comments you can possibly give me.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
    Sunshine Rewards

What made your join SR? To try to bring in some extra cash.

Why did you come here? Disney

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Always leary, but as long as it is not costing money, give it a try.

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Yes, a couple of other sites

Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? I do surveys, will shop only when I have a need.

If you don't do all, why not? Trying to save money, will not spend unnecessary, most spending is for food and bills that I can not do online.

What made your join SR?
    Saw it mentioned on the DIS Boards. Been doing other click sites (clicks only didn't know about surveys, and didn't trust offers), and thought SR would be nice to add to the list of sites I did.

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? I knew I needed to check it out. I had a few sites close on me...and a few not pay me... so I was leary. At first I only did clicks (didn't trust offers, didn't know about surveys), so I didn't have much to lose... so it was worth a try. I saw a positive review on a blog that talks about reward sites, which helped... but I really became a SR believer when the forum was started and could see the fast reply of the owner (Tricia).

I had a list of sites that I did when I started SR. When I started I only did clicks, but the SR forum taught me about surveys and offers. After reading about other people's tracking systems and confusion on keeping things straight between sites and not repeating, I decided to only do clicks on two other sites (got rid of a couple of sites), and keep my offers, and shopping on SR only, because I trusted in Tricia to keep SR honest and around for a long time.

When I started I didn't know about anything but clicks... I thought I was doing good to earn $20 a year for a restaurant or disney card. The SR forum people taught me so much!!! I do it all now... surveys, offers, clicks, shopping. but I started out just as a daily clicker because I didn't know any better.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

What made your join SR?
    Believe it or not, I was at my DD's house and watched her do a survey. I asked her about it and, since it was legit per her, I signed up as her referral. I've never looked back!
    Why did you come here?
    Again, it was because of my DD.
    Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise?
    No, because my DD told me it was totally legit.
    Yes, I do **survey and ****cone. However, their surveys are much more sporadic, not daily like SR, so I don't accumulate many rewards. Also, if I get a survey similar to one I've got here, I just don't do it. That rarely occurs.
    Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all?
    I do it all! I try to do at least one survey a day, but if I have time, I try all three. I also try paid offers whenever I have time (I also work full time, so that limits my free time.) I already did a fair amount of online shopping prior to joining SR. Now, I try to always go through SR first.

Just as an extra note, today I paid my portion of a Disney cruise in full, using only Disney Giftcards earned on SR. How cool is that?
    Last edited by spring; 05-12-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

What made your join SR? Thru DIS......not sure who I signed up under, but glad that I did (hey how do we find that out?)

Why did you come here? I was planning my first trip with my girls to WDW and being a newly divorced parent I wanted to earn some extra money

Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Not sure that I was leary.....just wasn't sure how it all worked and had to find my way around the site. Played around with it for a while and once I earned my first $25 I was thrilled. Then the forum came along and once I joined that I really noticed a jump in my account...it took a bit to get to the first $100, but once I got to that 'magic' number it keeps growing

Did you do/currently do other sites as well? I use to do a few others (just click thru type things) but now I only do SR. Hey it works for me and I am very happy with SR, it is more than just a shopping/survey site to me.

I shop, do surveys (I can't believe I didn't do the surveys when I first joined the site) and occasionally I will do offers. They don't tend to credit for me (even though I have a seperate email for them and do all the things you are suppose to do to help them credit), so I concentrate more on surveys
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    What made your join SR? Why did you come here? Were you leary and think we could be a scam, and if so, what convinced you otherwise? Did you do/currently do other sites as well? Do you just shop or do surveys or offers or all? If you don't do all, why not?
    I found you through the dis. At first I thought it was a massive scam. But then I kept seeing people mentioning it. Then I noticed that people I trusted on the Dis were stating that they had earned money, gotten giftcards, and bought stuff at WDW and DLR with those cards. Since I trusted them on the Dis, I felt that I could trust them about Sunshine.

So I started, and I did little bits here and there. Thought I'd never earn much. Did Blockbuster and it didn't credit, but then I put in a TT and you guys worked some serious magic and I got the credit. That brought me to $25, and suddenly everything felt different.

Cashed out (not sure if it was just that 25 or if it was later), and I'll admit I called to check on the amount of the giftcard, and once I checked, I was a believer.

Those first cards paid for our first APs at Disneyland.

I used to do more...I got really burned out on surveys, again, and I haven't tried this month b/c it feels like too much. I don't know why. Offers are kinda the same way right now. But those are both just lulls. I shop when I can, when it's a better deal overall, and when I can find what I want. I love shopping online, it's just that recently deals in b&m stores have been better. I tell you, I don't like that! I figure that's a lull too.

I do one other site, a really big one, but that's mainly just for the little "look at the site" clicks, and things that you simply don't have. I tried a 3rd site but it was incomprehensible to me and I actually quit and closed my account b/c I just didn't get it, and you had most of the same stuff. You guys are my absolute main site.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I found ya'll on the Dis. I had just started planning another trip to Disney and was reading the board. Over the years, I had done pretty well making extra money online, so I headed over to the Reward board. I knew I couldn't make as much money as I used to but every little counts so I decided to give ya'll a try. Very happy I did. I had around an extra $1000 to take on our last trip.

Since the trip is past and we won't be going until Spring Break '10, I haven't had the urge to push as hard to earn. I used to do surveys, regularly, but have a harder time getting one so I am very sporadic in trying. I take spells where I do offers and spells where I don't. Depends upon how busy my life is. And, how lucky I am at getting them to credit. Kind of like dieting, when I am losing , it spurs me on to keep dieting, when I am not, well that doughnut sure looks good. Main thing that pushes me, these days, is the desire to keep SM. But, really need to get back to work, only 11 months until next trip.

I shop, here, after doing some window shopping to see where I will do best. I always buy my ink thru SR. I need to see if we need some before increase is over.

However, my very best main reason for staying with SR, is the friendship. The money is just whip cream and a cherry on top. And, hot fudge. Maybe I need to get back on the diet.

1. What made me join SR? I saw SR mentioned on the disboards for quite some time but I thought it was a scam until people kept mentioning it over the course of about two years, I think. I decided to join because I had a WDW trip planned in February 2009 and I wanted to see if I actually could earn some extra cash (because I'm a poor grad student and wanted to be able to treat myself to a mickey bar!)

2. Was I leary and did I think it could be a scam? I was incredibly leary about joining. The idea that I could earn money by clicking on the web sounds too good to be true and we all know the old platitude about things that sound too good to be true... I spent a good bit of time doing some research about SR and browsing the forums before joining.

3. Am I a member of other sites? I am a member of a site where I click emails for five points a pop. I only joined that site because a word-of-mouth marketing site I belong to switched it's reward system to that site. I have joined another reward site that is linked to my frequent flier program. I only do surveys and clicks there and only earn air miles. I will occasionally shop through my frequent flier program if I can't find incentive to shop elsewhere.

4. How do I participate on SR? I mostly do surveys. I was amazed at how quickly the surveys added up and according to my account history, surveys are responsible for the bulk of my earnings. In fact, I think that when my weekend DS credit tomorrow (Monday) I will have hit SM status!

I try to do offers but I have a heck of a time getting them to credit. I did the math once and figured out I have less then a 30% offer crediting rate. I have the most luck when crazy credits are happening. I'm not sure why this is; I clear my cookies, I go slowly through the whole thing, I wait for the confirmation emails, I've tried new email addresses, I only do one or two offers a day, etc.

I only shop for things I was planning on buying anyway. I try not to talk myself into buying something because the payout is good. I'm a dirt-poor graduate student-- I save more by not buying, period. However, SR has introduced me to some new sites for things I already buy which have better prices and more cash back than my previous shopping sites.

SR is a nice break for me when I'm tired of studying and work. I work full time and go to school full time. Sometimes it is just good to veg out and click through an offer or take a quick survey to give my head a break. And this break earns me money rather than causing me to spend it by going out for a break!
    Last edited by AuroraBorealis; 05-17-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: good grammar is free, too!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards