Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest!! Ways to Save Time

One of the easiest things we do to get ready in the morning is to get our clothes laid out the night before and to put all our work related or school related things by the door. I work as a school lunchroom manager and my dd attends my school so we both get up early. I get up at 5 am and she gets up about 20 minutes later. We are out the door no later than 6am. If we have our clothes and items ready it saves us lots of time for those mornings we are sleepy and our brains are a little tired!!

One time saver for me is to have our swim bag packed at all times. I have a swimsuit and beach towel for all family members in our "family swim bag". Also in the bag I keep suntan lotion and plastic bags for wet stuff. Then when I get a "wanna go swimming" call, I just grab the bag and go.

I know I'm a bit late but here's my tip:

Shop to your menu! Sit down and make a menu for all of your suppers throughout the week. Then figure out what you need for them! Grocery shop for those things specifically! It saves time because you're not walking up and down the aisle and you're never short on the things you need for your meals invoking another trip!

Lisaj68 is offline I've found my new addiction and I'm going to be late for church!!

My favorite timesaver is to always make extras for dinner so I can pack the leftovers for my husband's and daughter's lunches, and to pack them while cleaning up the dinner dishes.

We are not big sandwich eaters here...so leftover porkchops or meatloaf with mashed potatoes is a bigger hit than PB&J.

Thumbs up

I'll give this a shot.....it's a Disney World vacation time saver!! (All you Disney fanatics (like me) probably already know this...but here goes!)

Learn to use the fast pass system efficiently! You'll be amazed how much time you save by NOT standing in line!!! Plan to ride two fast-pass rides that are close together, for example, Rock & Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Let's stay it's 10:30am and both rides have a 20 minute wait, and the fast pass return time for both is 11:00am-11:50am. You can actually have TWO fast passes in your possession at once IF YOU GET A FAST PASS FOR A SECOND RIDE 10 MINUTES AFTER THE RETURN TIME FOR THE FIRST! So in this example, you would get a fast-pass for Tower of Terror at 10:30am, then go do something else in the park.(I take this time to shop!!) At 11:10 you return to get a fast-pass for Rock & Roller coaster, with a return time of 12:00-12:50. So you go back to Tower of Terror and use your fast-pass for that ride at around 11:30am, then go to Rock & Roller coaster and use your fast-pass for that ride at Noon WITHOUT STANDING IN LINE. If you overlap your fast-passes in this way, you can avoid lines and maximize your fun at WDW!!

Hope this helps someone that does not know how to use Disney's Fast Pass system!!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

My timesaver is making lists! lol! If it is on my list, then it gets done. If it is not on my list, then I usually forget it and then have to make a seperate trip back out to pick it up/run that errand lol!
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Cindy, you do realize we're all jealous of you, right?

My time saver is my countdown for my kids. Each evening, I tell them they have 5 minutes to clean up all the toys they have out. After 5 minutes, if they aren't up they are going in the trash. (ok, not really but the threat works ) They run around like crazy kids cleaning up. I just get to sit back and relax for 5 minutes while they straighten up.

I have a few...

-Get any ironing done the night before you need the clothes.
    -Become good friends with your crock pot.
    -Put leftovers into single serving size containers when you clean up so you can just grab them to put into lunches as you need them.

and last but certainly not least... I LOVE my Pledge multi surface duster. I can get all my light dusting done without having to change cleaning products for different surfaces!
    Sunshine Rewards

I can't think of anything in my daily life that I do to save time.

But for traveling, I start very early writing lists of all the clothes, accessories, and plain old things, that each of us needs to bring. Clothing, shoes, lists of chargers and batteries for any electronics we're bringing, makeup, just EVERYTHING that we might need.

And then I bring that list and make sure that everything from the list is back in our bags, when it's time to leave.

Oh, and I don't pack for DH, I just write out his list and THAT saves time b/c he packs by the list, rather than the way he used to pack his stuff.
    Sunshine Rewards

I cut up our fruit ahead of time and put it into a pampered chef fruit tray so when the kids want a snack I can grab it and give them something healthy. This is good for me too!
    <Sunshine Rewards