Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift Bags for 11 & 13 YO Boys?

Default Gift Bags for 11 & 13 YO Boys?

Okay, we're getting ready to head back to The World in 19 days. I have always made our two boys little gift bags for the ride down--but now that they're getting older they're MUCH harder to suprise OR impress.

I would love to pack a little bag for each of them but I'm really quite at a loss as to what to include. So far I have Star Wars PEZ dispensers. That's it.

I thought maybe a deck of Disney playing cards (if I can find them?) and some snacks and gum...but do any of you have some cool and hip suggestions for these two not-so-easily impressed boys?

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I know I got some Disney playing cards at Target a few years ago. As for the boys...sorry, no idea...
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I try and get my girls some surprises to keep them entertained during the trip to WDW...

some of the things I have included in the past...and might in the future...

New movie to watch on the portable DVD player
    New book to read
    Puzzle type books to entertain.
    New pencils and erasers to go with puzzle books.
    Set of colored pencils and sharpener
    Sketch book so the kids can draw
    Snacks they usually don't get
    stash of pennies and quarters so they can have pressed pennies during the trip.
    Maps of WDW so they can plan and talk about the trip
    deck of cards
    I've tried various magnetic or mini versions of games... but we have lost pieces and it doesn't work well... the a deck of trivia cards does work well though.
    Adding new songs secretively to their mp3 players
    stationary, postcards, stamps
    pokemon cards
    audio books we can all enjoy.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

My boys never leave for vacation without their Playstation, 1, 2 or 3 which ever is the newest at the time. They hook it up to the portable tv, and before those came out they would pack a 19 inch tv and a converter, and play their game all the way to our destination and whenever we'd have free time in the hotel.

And they always bring plenty of movies.

Wait, none of these things will fit in a gift bag! Sorry. Well, the movies will if you guys will have a portable tv available.

Good luck.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Wait, none of these things will fit in a gift bag!

That's okay, their taste seems to run a bit "bigger" than a gift bag these days anyway.

But you know, we've been debating whether to let them bring their XBox or not on this trip. We have two rooms (we outgrew sharing a room a few years ago) so they'll have their "own" TV. Do you let your kids bring the PS into the hotel room? We don't have a TV in the car so it'll be useless on the drive down but we thought it might provide entertainment if DH and I go out or if we're back at the hotel during downtime. My oldest DS was all for bringing it until he thought about Mousekeeping stealing it. I told him I didn't think it'd get stolen...but he's not so sure.

I think I'm going to put a few smaller things into a bag for them: PEZ dispensers, pins (maybe a new lanyard), gum, a couple of "special" snacks...and if I'm feeling REALLY generous I might give them one of my SR Disney GC's each, too. We'll see.

I love the idea of audio books or a new novel to read. I hadn't thought about that!

I'm sure they'll be happy with anything...I think it's Mom that's gets the bigger thrill out of making them for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
    Okay, we're getting ready to head back to The World in 19 days. I have always made our two boys little gift bags for the ride down--but now that they're getting older they're MUCH harder to suprise OR impress.

I would love to pack a little bag for each of them but I'm really quite at a loss as to what to include. So far I have Star Wars PEZ dispensers. That's it.

I thought maybe a deck of Disney playing cards (if I can find them?) and some snacks and gum...but do any of you have some cool and hip suggestions for these two not-so-easily impressed boys?
    I got my nephews (then 9 and 12) lanyards, pins, and autograph books (they wanted them, I hadn't thought they would). They also really like my WDW trivia book.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Oh yes, my boys (including their dad) enjoy playing their game in the hotel room. In fact, they stay up until the wee hours of the morning playing their game. We've never had a problem with housekeeping "borrowing" it. They do however take it down and put it back into the suitcase as to not tempt anyone. They've been taking their game for years and we've never had any problems.

If you guys don't have the portable tv's for the car you can always bring a small television and buy an inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. This is what we did before the portable tv's came out. This way they will have unlimited amounts of fun in the car. They aren't too expensive and you can use them for a few years as well.

Can they watch movies on the XBox?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    If you guys don't have the portable tv's for the car you can always bring a small television and buy an inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter.
    We do have one of those! I totally forgot! I'll have to see about packing it when we go.

Can they watch movies on the XBox?
    They can...I hadn't thought about that either.

Maybe I could borrow you for the next 18 days to help me get ready for my trip? I think my brain already left for vacation...

What about those Hidden Mickey books? So they can "study up" on the places to look for them before you get there? Then kind of make a game of it when you are there who can find the most of them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    What about those Hidden Mickey books? So they can "study up" on the places to look for them before you get there? Then kind of make a game of it when you are there who can find the most of them.
    Oooh, I like this. Is there an SR merchant that has them??