Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gift Bags for 11 & 13 YO Boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
    Oooh, I like this. Is there an SR merchant that has them??
    Yep! Two good choices right off the bat. Borders has the main Hidden Mickeys book for about $10 and if you order it to be delivered to your closest store, you don't pay shipping. Barnes and Noble has the main Hidden Mickeys book plus another "Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" that is not just hidden mickeys but a lot of Disney trivia-type stuff as well. They have free shipping on $25 (as does Borders if you don't want to do the free site to store).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

We do have one of those! I totally forgot! I'll have to see about packing it when we go.

They can...I hadn't thought about that either.

Maybe I could borrow you for the next 18 days to help me get ready for my trip? I think my brain already left for vacation...

Sure you can! I'm the queen of road trips. I ensure that we aren't in need of anything.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Sure you can! I'm the queen of road trips. I ensure that we aren't in need of anything.
    How soon can you get here?

I used to be so organized. In years past, I'd already be packed for this trip. This time? Not even close.

Though I confess to being a chronic over-packer. You never know when you might need a pair of mittens in Orlando in June! You might have to carry dry ice somewhere! It could happen!

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions, I'm off to run a few of them by the DH and see what he thinks.

18 days and counting...

How soon can you get here?

I used to be so organized. In years past, I'd already be packed for this trip. This time? Not even close. Though I confess to being a chronic over-packer. You never know when you might need a pair of mittens in Orlando in June! You might have to carry dry ice somewhere! It could happen!

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions, I'm off to run a few of them by the DH and see what he thinks.

18 days and counting...

Where do you live?

You just might need those mittens. A cold front is moving through Houston as we speak!!

I'm definitely an overpacker! I rather have too much than not enough.
    DH has learned not to talk about my extras anymore.

It's so exciting preparing for vacation. Your's is very close!! Ours isn't until July and I can't wait.

Have fun preparing and getting ready. If I think of anything else I'll post it.

Oh, our kids like to do word search puzzles. We all race to see who finishes first. Maybe that's something they will be interested in.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Though I confess to being a chronic over-packer. You never know when you might need a pair of mittens in Orlando in June! You might have to carry dry ice somewhere! It could happen!
    Hey the gloves could come in handy even in August! We were camping and my father and I went to get a block of ice. It was our first night at the campground and we were excited and checking the place out. We really didn't pay attention to all the roads! To make a long story short, my poor dad walked around the campground carring this heavy, dripping block of ice because we couldn't find our camper! Eventually, my mother realized that something must be wrong and set out looking for us. She found us and has never let my father live that one down! I know that my father would have loved to have a pair of warm gloves for his hands that night.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I feel vindicated.

I'll be doing a little online shopping today, I am so glad I posted here asking for suggestions! Thank you so much!

I always tuck a gift card or Disney Dollars in my kids' bags. They can spend it on anything they want. For them - that's a treat as Mom and Dad always try to guide them on how to spend their money wisely.

I found glow stick eye glasses at Five and Below. My 12 year old son wore them at Fantasmic and other night parades - they also sell the glow things that go in the mouth. The pre-teens/early teens sometimes think they are fun.

Our library system has DS games that you can check out - maybe you can borrow a couple of "new" games that they haven't played yet and then return them when you get home. Or, take a portable DVD player and stop at Redboxes along the way for $1 movie rentals.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Yep! Two good choices right off the bat. Borders has the main Hidden Mickeys book for about $10 and if you order it to be delivered to your closest store, you don't pay shipping. Barnes and Noble has the main Hidden Mickeys book plus another "Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" that is not just hidden mickeys but a lot of Disney trivia-type stuff as well. They have free shipping on $25 (as does Borders if you don't want to do the free site to store).
    Just bumping to say I ordered these today from B&N and I can't wait to get them! I know the boys will enjoy them and they'll definitely give us something to do on the drive down AND while we're at Disney.

I also found a two deck set of Star Wars playing cards at Target and since we'll be there during Star Wars weekends...I think I've done pretty good.

BTW, they have Disney's Cars word search books in the $1 section at Target as well. I didn't get them but I'm wondering if I should've.