Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southwest DING!!!!!

Default Southwest DING!!!!!

So I pull up from grocery shopping and my dh, who was home with kids, is standing on the front porch waiting for me...so i'm thinking...one of my kids lost some teeth or an eye or something?.?.... While I was gone we got a DING from Southwest on our airfare booked 9/12-9/19. We originally booked it at $89..a few weeks ago we got a DING that knocked it down to $69..today another one came over and we have rebooked at.....$49
    I just cannot believe we got less that $100 roundtrip per person from NH to Orlando! If you don't have DING downloaded yet, I highly recommend it!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

That is wonderful! How does Ding work?

I have been watching daily for months - nothing from AZ
    Sunshine RewardsShirley

That is great!! That means more money to spend at Disney!!!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    That is wonderful! How does Ding work?
    You download DING onto your computer from Southwest.com. Basically Southwest releases discounted prices on certain seats for a certain amount of time (like usually a few hours only!). The icon on your desktop will show a little envelope on it (like 'you've got mail') when you open it, it displays the ticket prices available for the limited time. You can customize your DING to show only the ones applicable to your airport and destination.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
    You download DING onto your computer from Southwest.com. Basically Southwest releases discounted prices on certain seats for a certain amount of time (like usually a few hours only!). The icon on your desktop will show a little envelope on it (like 'you've got mail') when you open it, it displays the ticket prices available for the limited time. You can customize your DING to show only the ones applicable to your airport and destination.

It also helps to have a southwest airport near you, I do not, so i miss out on all the great dings! Congrats on your great price and low fare! WOOT!

I ended up with 239.60 round trip with taxes and fees on delta! perperson
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I booked my airfair thru southwest about a month ago and got airfare for $54 a person with taxes it was $237 for the Me and Dh roundtrip from NH to Orlando. I didn't use a ding because nothing had come yet. We leave on 9/8 I can't wait to go we are leaving the kids home this time.
    Me DH DD15 DS13 DD8 DS5
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    It also helps to have a southwest airport near you, I do not, so i miss out on all the great dings! Congrats on your great price and low fare! WOOT!

I ended up with 239.60 round trip with taxes and fees on delta! perperson
    Is any southwest airport within driving distance? If we didn't have southwest at our local airport, I would consider driving to Cleveland because of the fares.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
    So I pull up from grocery shopping and my dh, who was home with kids, is standing on the front porch waiting for me...so i'm thinking...one of my kids lost some teeth or an eye or something?.?.... While I was gone we got a DING from Southwest on our airfare booked 9/12-9/19. We originally booked it at $89..a few weeks ago we got a DING that knocked it down to $69..today another one came over and we have rebooked at.....$49
    I just cannot believe we got less that $100 roundtrip per person from NH to Orlando! If you don't have DING downloaded yet, I highly recommend it!
    Congratulations. DINGs are fantastic. We have been able to take advantage of DING the last 3 times we went to Disney. The one time we had to change our flight plans down but for $42 per person it was worth leaving 3 hours earlier than we originally planned. Now, you have more money for Mickey bars!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    Is any southwest airport within driving distance? If we didn't have southwest at our local airport, I would consider driving to Cleveland because of the fares.
    The nearest SW airports are about 3-4 hour drives! Right now we only need drive an hour. Yes the price break could make up for it, but we do like to fly out early, so with a 6am filight as it is and the airport an hour away we are leaveing the house at 2:30am I like to arrive before the airport opens, makes checking-in and security go so very quickly! and Easy parking. I guess for my next trip i might need to re-evaluate my time driveing v cost of air! since i doubt i can get free dinning 4 years in a row!!!! I do know when i had last checked it was 150 pp each way so they were still more expensive! then the delta flights, but again no ding singedup or looking for sales and i am sure that would make all the difference!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.