Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did it! I rented point from a DVC member!!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    The "cheapest" DVC is Old Key West. It is nice place...we stayed there once.

ANyway...with 5 people you would need a 2 bedroom bc the studio and 1 bedroom can only fit 4. A 2 bedroom from Sept 2-9th (this yr) for example would be 160 points...so $1600 for the week. I am not sure how that compares to other places. The upside is that in this room you have a FULL kitchen, washer/dryer, and two bathrooms (including a jacuzzi tub!).
    Wow! That's fabulous! I'm so thinking DVC right now it isn't funny! I found someone here at work (that we've actually been emailing for work items for months--too funny!) who is a DU TA & DVC member! It's so fun talking to her!! So last night it was DVC chat! I really think I'd like to go to the DVC information thingy while we're down there. Anyone done that recently? How long is it? DH said last year he'd like to "Know what Disney's Best Kept Secret is!!" So I figure I could talk him into going.

I've also looked (in the past) for DVC resales. Anyone here done that or is that frowned upon?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Wow! That's fabulous! I'm so thinking DVC right now it isn't funny! I found someone here at work (that we've actually been emailing for work items for months--too funny!) who is a DU TA & DVC member! It's so fun talking to her!! So last night it was DVC chat! I really think I'd like to go to the DVC information thingy while we're down there. Anyone done that recently? How long is it? DH said last year he'd like to "Know what Disney's Best Kept Secret is!!" So I figure I could talk him into going.

I've also looked (in the past) for DVC resales. Anyone here done that or is that frowned upon?
    I swore someone on here just bought their DVC via a resale but I can't remember who. It was like a week or two ago.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ah yes, found it! Thanks for the reminder!! I even posted on that thread....jeez my brain is gone! Good thing I'm going on vacay!! :0)

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ght=DVC+resale

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

A lot of people on the DIS swear by the place that sponsors the DVC store. I can't remember the name (and I am not sure if Tricia wants it posted anyway).

I will be more than happy to help anybody out with info...we LOVE LOVE LOVE our DVC...also if you need a referral let me know.

PS Tricia is right about the weekends...they are double the points! We usually do Sun-Fri (checkout fri) in a one bedroom at SSR for 135 points. That may be helpful. The same at OKW is 110pt. Mind you I go in the summer and summer breaks. If you go in the "off season" you will get a better deal - buyer or renter!
    Sunshine Rewards

We are staying our first night at Pop, then Sun-Thurs. at a 2 bedroom villa at BW for $300/night. Splitting that cost with my friend so it's only $150 per family. We are paying $10/point. I posted "Reservation Wanted" on the DIS DVC Rent/Trade board and I instantly had 2 pm's. They both wanted $11 per point but I told them I was looking for $10 and one agreed to that.

I just got off the phone with her actually. Sounds like a super nice person and her references recommend her highly.
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
    We are staying our first night at Pop, then Sun-Thurs. at a 2 bedroom villa at BW for $300/night. Splitting that cost with my friend so it's only $150 per family. We are paying $10/point. I posted "Reservation Wanted" on the DIS DVC Rent/Trade board and I instantly had 2 pm's. They both wanted $11 per point but I told them I was looking for $10 and one agreed to that.

I just got off the phone with her actually. Sounds like a super nice person and her references recommend her highly.

Glad you found a great person to rent from!

I just hope i win a Dream DVC membership, then i would not need to bother with renting points mabey i would be renting them out then.... Nope i would find a way to use them...Well I can dream can't I!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I am addicted to renting points for DVC. Once you do it you won't want to stay in a value room (not that there is anything wrong with them ) due to the little extra space (studio) or a lot of extra space if you do 1 bedroom. I have stayed thru dvc points at OKW (4 times and this nov. will be 5th stay...I've stayed in studio and 1 bedroom), WLV (1 time/studio), Beach club villas (1 time studio) and have stayed in a 2 bedroom at BWV but not on rented points but switched there due to a problem with our room at the now defunct Tree Top Villas.

I really like renting the points and agree with what everyone has said about trying to do a Sunday to Friday stay. I usually splurge for 2 weekend nights a the Poly and then don't feel so bad about paying those rates when I know I have such a great deal thru renting dvc points.

Now I just have to take that next step and buy............I haven't even attempted to take a tour yet!! Maybe this upcoming Nov. trip I will try one!

Have a great time..........you'll have a ball

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    I just hope i win a Dream DVC membership, then i would not need to bother with renting points mabey i would be renting them out then.... Nope i would find a way to use them...Well I can dream can't I!
    Sorry Bryan, but this is MY dream to receive sometime next week! I promise I'll be nice if you want to rent from me though!!