Thread: What level do you keep your "cookies" security set at?

Default What level do you keep your "cookies" security set at?

DH just bought me a new laptop last night....we have been looking at them for a while, knowing my desktop was WAYYYYYY past it's prime.

So I have not tried doing any surveys yet, or offers (which I don't generally do anymore anyway), or any shopping. Wondering what level everyone else keeps their cookie protection set at.

Just curious.
    Sunshine Rewards

On the laptop I got yesterday, I set the IE setting as low as they'll go. My Kraft offer credited, which I *hope* means I'm good. I plan on taking an OTX survey to test my cookies later.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I've never had a problem with surveys crediting when my levels were at medium-high. However, I found I had better luck with the freebie offers crediting when I changed it to low.

Keeping it on low makes me nervous, even though I have good security software, so I tend to change the setting only when I do and offer and change it back after it has credited (or figured out that it is not going to credit! )
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I have mine set med-low for a year now and knock on wood my security software takes care of any issues (which -knock on wood have been ZERO) that I may have. I also let it accept 3rd party cookies, as for what credit's I would say my average (freebie offers only) is 65-75% which is pretty darn good I think. My survey's credit 99% of the time and usually never a problem with shopping. Been much easier since getting the new laptop last summer and using IE7 and Vista.
    I should add, DH is a computer guy and we have wifi set up through the house and everything is set through our wireless and I still have no issues, the laptop is used 100% of the time on wifi.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    I've never had a problem with surveys crediting when my levels were at medium-high. However, I found I had better luck with the freebie offers crediting when I changed it to low.

Keeping it on low makes me nervous, even though I have good security software, so I tend to change the setting only when I do and offer and change it back after it has credited (or figured out that it is not going to credit! )
    Good point. I'm not sure I'd let my guard down with IE as much were it not for the fact I use it solely for SR.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm on IE 6 using a work computer that has a pretty decent lock down on it. They have McAffee installed for the firewall and antivirus and I can't touch settings on it.

For IE here is where I am:
    Tools->Options->Security (all preset by work)
    Internet: Medium
    Local Intranet: Medium-low
    Trusted Sites: low
    Restricted Site: High

Tools -> Internet Options->Privacy
    Custom -> Advanced: Override auto cookie handling, Accept 1st and 3rd party cookies, always allow session cookies, Allow pop-ups

I never have issues with surveys crediting, shopping is at 70% right now (not sure why) and freebies are 50/50 but I think that's because I've been around for a while and am in most databases and changing emails doesn't help when they track by address or phone numbers.
    Sunshine Rewards