Thread: Anyone Rec Check from MPS Marketing and Eval

Default Anyone Rec Check from MPS Marketing and Eval

I received a check in the mail yesterday for $1450.00 from M.S.P. Marketing and Evaluation Services. It appears to be some sort of mystery shopping thing and it breaks down what exactly you need to do with the money. It says to call once you receive the check to get detailed instrustions. This company is in Canada. I will probably just tear it up and go on just curious if anyone else has received this.
    my way to

Sunshine Rewards

Hmmm.... is that the one that is the scam where you deposit the money in your account and then write a check back to someone for something?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Here is how the letter breaks it down:

Training Pay/Expenses $300
    Wal-Mart Purchase $100
    JC Penny Purchase $100
    Money Gram Transaction $850
    Money Gram Service Charge $100

It says you need to call the office first for detailed instructions and to get the information on where to send the money gram. It says that you get to keep what you purchase at Wal-Mart and JC Penny and that you need to keep all receipts so you can fax them in
    my way to

Sunshine Rewards

BIG scam. Just tear it up and throw it away!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Sounds like a major scam to me. I would shred the thing.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

There's a reason the company is in Canada. That check is bogus, but your bank might not figure that out for a few days. This is a version of a pretty standard scam.

I recieved 2 of these in the past 3 weeks. I actually called the FCC and htey want me to report it to Canadian officials and to also give the letter to my local postmaster. I probably won't call the Canadian # that they gave me but I going to give them to the post office in my tow. I doubt they would ever find out who they people are running the scam as there is no return address. the man that I spoke to at the FCC said that it is a huge scam and that if you do not want to report it you can tear it up, JUST DO NOT DEPOSIT IT!!!

Thanks! I figured it was a scam just wondering if anyone knew where it was coming from or had reported it. I will shred it and move on, it just makes me mad becuase there are going to be people that don't know any better that will be out a lot of money. I wonder if the bank on the check really even exist and if they do if I should just let them know?? Maybe I will look into it online.
    my way to

Sunshine Rewards

I got the same check & letter in the mail. I shredded it. It had scam written all over it.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I got one too. for $2450. very shady...from what i understand although the check looks VERY real, when you put it in your account, it will never clear as there is no money. Then they will get their check returned to them with your signature and bank account info on it. VERY scary.
    Sunshine Rewards