Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resort Review you will Love

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default Resort Review you will Love

Okay so friday the 17th of August we go to check in to Port Orleans Riverside. Our favorite. The guy tells us that the housekeeping decided not to clean 1/2 of the rooms. So they wanted to mive me to Coronado Springs. NOT! Hate it don't even want to go there. I told him if you were gonna move me I wanted an upgrade. Well an upgrade I got. Right to the Grand Floridian 5th floor Bay Lake and monorail view. Nice huh? Just thought I would share.

Kim

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Wow what a great upgrade. I bet that housekeeper got fired for not cleaning those rooms though.
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow - how amazing. Hope you had a great trip. We are supposed to stay at POR in Dec, but I'd certainly take a GF upgrade in a minute. LOL!

Can't wait to see a trip report.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

That is awsome! Good for you! Kim, did yall have a great trip?From the couple of things ya posted so far it sounds like ya did. I can't wait to hear all about it!! Oh, and welcome back!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

WOW Great upgreade,

Come on Watermain break at the All-star movies on Friday! I would love an extra magical Upgrade on Saturday!!!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Wow! Good for you! Unfortunately, I think we may have gotten stuck in one of the rooms they didn't clean though, lol!

The layers of dust in our room were at least a couple of months thick and the carpets were filthy. In addition to the filth, many of the towels were worn thin. My dad actually put his finger through a washcloth one morning! We've stayed in POR many times and have never seen anything like it. Our mousekeeper was definitely not up to par. We probably should have complained, but the location of the rooms was excellent plus we needed connecting rooms so we didn't want to mess up the location. My mom has a bad knee so location was very important to us and my dad had already argued with a manager to get the location we did. I do plan on sending a letter to let them know that the rooms were definitely not up to disney standards. We actually found quite a few things not up to disney standards on this trip, including the rental strollers and the ECV rentals.

Of course, we still had a great vacation, but it was sad to see disney letting some of the smaller things slip.
    Debbie

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Oh we had some experiences on this trip too. I would definatly write a letter but I am going to start a thread on disboards about it. Reason is that Management looks at disboards every day. And they need to know. We only heard from one bus driver about how they liked their job. Every single other one complained. And what is sad is last year at the same time everyone raved about everything. What a difference a year can make. What shocked me at the Grand was the rooms were smaller. That was the only thing. And the fact that everyone is stuck up there. Not just the guests.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

It's funny you mentioned that everyone is "stuck up" at the Grand Floridian. I experienced the same thing on my trip last year. One poor couple had an infant having respiratory difficulties in the Grand Floridian Lobby. While the paramedics worked on the infant, one lady in the birdcage elevator right next to the family openly stated that it served them right for bringing a baby there. Apparently, she didn't feel children belonged at the Grand Floridian. This lady was within earshot of the poor family, and my daughter and I could not help but remind this lady that she was out of line for a comment like that. After all, the Grand Floridian is in Disney World. Of course children of all ages are welcome.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Kim! Welcome back! What an awesome upgrade! Good for you! Have you ever stayed at GF before? I'm afraid to ask, but why don't you like CSR? We're staying there for the first time next week & would love your opinion. I just don't know what to expect. We've stayed at POFQ the last two times & LOVED it & we're hoping not to miss it too much!!

Again welcome back & I hope you had a great & relaxing trip! If you have time, post a Trip Report!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Kim! Welcome back! What an awesome upgrade! Good for you! Have you ever stayed at GF before? I'm afraid to ask, but why don't you like CSR? We're staying there for the first time next week & would love your opinion. I just don't know what to expect. We've stayed at POFQ the last two times & LOVED it & we're hoping not to miss it too much!!

Again welcome back & I hope you had a great & relaxing trip! If you have time, post a Trip Report!!
    I was afraid to even ask Jen.. We are leave 2 weeks from today for our first trip to CSR too!
    Sunshine Rewards