Thread: Father's Day is Coming!

Default Father's Day is Coming!

June 21st is Father's Day. Will you be buying for a special Father in your life this year? Tricia, Cindy, and I do our best to offer gifts suggestions, find great deals and coupons, in addition to featuring some "Father's Day" merchants in our upcoming She Shops Around podcast.

But I thought it might be helpful for everyone if you shared your gift ideas with us. What are you buying this year, what do your dad's like to receive, or what are you looking for? You might help someone narrow down their choice or we might be able to help you find a good deal. So, share, please!!
    Angie

Has anyone made their final Father's Day selections yet? I need some help! I ordered Omaha Steaks, but need a couple more relatively reasonable as far as price goes ideas to finish up!
    Angie

I ordered Omaha Steaks last year for my FIL and it was a big hit. This year the shipping was much too high so I ordered him a Wolferman's gift basket instead.

My own Dad is deceased so FIL is the only one I but for.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Oh, I looked at Wolferman's. Yummy--your FIL is going to be very happy!
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I ordered Omaha Steaks last year for my FIL and it was a big hit. This year the shipping was much too high so I ordered him a Wolferman's gift basket instead.

My own Dad is deceased so FIL is the only one I but for.
    We now have a half price shipping coupon up.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    We now have a half price shipping coupon up.

I saw that, but it was too late for me since I placed my Wolferman's order at the end of May. Omaha Steaks 1/2 price shipping is a great deal.......just wish we had it a little sooner.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 06-12-2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Board doesn't like the alt sign to make 1/2
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I placed my Omaha Steaks order ONE DAY before the half price shipping coupon!!! I'm thinking of ordering more. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Both DH's and my father are not alive, but I did get order a gift for my favorite father-figure, DH. He is a real coffee lover, but makes himself instant coffee frequently throughout the day when he's home. He won't make a whole pot just for himself. I only drink a cup or two in the mornings myself, so he hates to be wasteful. I ordered him a Keurig coffee maker on coffeeforless.com. I had been looking at them at BJ's, but this site's prices were comparable, plus shipping was free. I ordered it on a Saturday with normal shipping, and it was on my doorstep on Tuesday. Couldn't resist giving it to him already since he brought it into the house, lol. He is ecstatic, and I earned a little moolah from SR!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Both DH's and my father are not alive, but I did get order a gift for my favorite father-figure, DH. He is a real coffee lover, but makes himself instant coffee frequently throughout the day when he's home. He won't make a whole pot just for himself. I only drink a cup or two in the mornings myself, so he hates to be wasteful. I ordered him a Keurig coffee maker on coffeeforless.com. I had been looking at them at BJ's, but this site's prices were comparable, plus shipping was free. I ordered it on a Saturday with normal shipping, and it was on my doorstep on Tuesday. Couldn't resist giving it to him already since he brought it into the house, lol. He is ecstatic, and I earned a little moolah from SR!

Great idea! I hope he enjoys it!
    Angie

As part of a Father's Day gift for my grandpa, I took advantage of the Boca Java offer and got him 4 bags of good coffee. I paid $7.95 and got 8 credits -- can't beat that! I will use the next shipment I am required to make for a birthday gift later this year.
    Sunshine Rewards