Thread: List of Dining Reservations....

Default List of Dining Reservations....

I get to book my dining reservations soon. It will be my DD4's first trip.

How does this list sound.

Wolfgang Puck on arrival day - no park that day.

Garden Grill - I just heard of this today, but sounds like a neat character meal - but seen mixed reviews. Should I be ok?

50's Prime Time Cafe - lunch - excited to try this.

Cindy's Breakfast - very excited for this - going to use a SR Gift Card for this, so I don't waste 2 TS Meals.

Donald's Safari Breakfast - excited to try this also.

Italy - Dinner. Ate there last time in 2000, and want to go back.

Canada - I hear it is hard to get ressie's for this and OK with Lunch or Dinner.

Chef Mickey - going to eat brunch there the last morning before out flight home.

The only two I am questioning is Wolfgang Puck and Garden Grill. I know at DTD, I will try Earl or Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express - but they are both Counter Service Meals.

Any other suggestions - I want something that is easy to get to. I hear amazing things about Ohana - but doubt I would get in at a good time, so not even going to bother. And others at Animal Kingdom, but not easy to get to with a DD4 and want to spend a lot of time at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom. Also - we are not fish people at all - so Coral Reef is out.

Any thoughts would be great.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Mike and I really enjoyed Garden Grill though you might want to double check the character part. For some reason I thought they might be going to just 1 meal with characters but I can't remember (I may be confusing with Liberty Tree). The food is very fresh and lots of the veggies come from the ride so that is pretty cool.

We went to Ohana for breakfast and it was pretty tasty for breakfast food. You might could look into that option. We were able to move our reservation a few days before it was scheduled so don't forget to check with the front desk while you are there if there is a time or place you really want. People do cancel all the time so I would check multiple times a day.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Yay! Got to make my ADRs yesterday!! When you call, be sure to ask for Chef Mickey's & CRT first. They tend to go fast & if you're on the phone right away, you may want to get your ADR in!!

Also, just a FYI...the restaurant in Italy changed a few years ago. It used to be Alfredos (I think) & now it's called Tutto Italiano (or something like that)...I have never eaten at either, but just wanted to let you know it may be a bit different than what you remember in 2000.

Good luck w/getting your ADRs!! Let us now how you do!

Oh & BTW...Ohana is AWESOME!! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Mike and I really enjoyed Garden Grill though you might want to double check the character part. For some reason I thought they might be going to just 1 meal with characters but I can't remember (I may be confusing with Liberty Tree). The food is very fresh and lots of the veggies come from the ride so that is pretty cool.

We went to Ohana for breakfast and it was pretty tasty for breakfast food. You might could look into that option. We were able to move our reservation a few days before it was scheduled so don't forget to check with the front desk while you are there if there is a time or place you really want. People do cancel all the time so I would check multiple times a day.
    I was thinking the same thing about Garden Grill. Something did change recently about the character meals.....can't remember if it was totally eliminated or just down to one meal. I would definitely check before you make your ADR.

I haven't tried Wolfgang Puck (although I would like to), but Earl of Sandwich is very good!

Good luck and have fun!

Ohana is awesome...hope you can get a ressie. One of the best meals we had there. The Garden Grill is good food and fun.....with or without characters Chef Mickeys and the Donald Breakfast are very good...some of our favs!

Wink

It's Liberty Tree Tavern that no longer has charater meals!!
    But the Garden Grill still does, although they no longer serve lunch, just dinner(Usually Chip & Dale, Mickey and Pluto).

My suggestions are like Jen's post....try for Cindy's 1st, Chef Mickey's and then LeCellier (Canada). Those are going to be your toughest ones to get!! Are you using a travel agent? Cause they can book your dining reservation before you can right online!!!(if not, remember that or ME!) next trip!!

Best of Luck!!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

If you need a TS meal at DTD, try Raglan Road. Love Ohana's - have only had dinner there. I was kinda thinking that Liberty Tree had brought back the character meal because of so many complaints.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok I knew something was up with Garden Grill but couldn't remember what. My mom loves lunch there so she'll be slightly disappointed but we'll just do dinner now.

Raglan Road is an awesome place if you need a reservation. They have singing and clogging at night while you eat. Your DD would probably get a kick out of the girls dancing.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMouse View Post

The only two I am questioning is Wolfgang Puck and Garden Grill. I know at DTD, I will try Earl or Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express - but they are both Counter Service Meals.
    We've eaten at Wolfgang Puck The Cafe (downstairs full service) several times. It has always been good. We had a nice table right by the windows.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Earl of Sandwich is awesome, we ate there for the first time earlier this month. Definitely added to our must-do list.