Thread: New to the site

Default New to the site

I just joined two days ago and I've taken 2 DS surveys and one OTX and gotten the congrats page but my credits haven;t changed. Is that normal?

Also, I have taken 2 GiveUsYour2Cents surveys, on restaurants, completing the whole thing over 10 minutes each and then was told that I did not qualify. Does that happen?

Thanks

Hi Cinstorm!

Welcome to SR!!

You are off to a great start with 2 DS under your belt already!! Unfortunately you have joined at a crazy time when the Greenfield Daily Surveys are not crediting as the normally do. Fortunately, Tricia is right on top of it so eventually (most likely soon) the credits will roll in! It's a nice bump to your account when they come in more than one at a time.

The Daily Survey usually credit the next day unless it is a weekend and then they will post on Monday.

The 2 cent survey, is different you can answer alot of questions and still get bumped out of those (OTX Too) if you go too fast or the wind isn't blowing just right.....

The best thing is to keep trying because those credits are awesome when they come in!

Try and always do the Daily survey before the 2 cent survey because they are both by Greenfield but the Daily survey is worth more.

Keep working at it and before you know it you will be a Super member and happily spending your SR booty!!! HTH
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cinstorm View Post
    I just joined two days ago and I've taken 2 DS surveys and one OTX and gotten the congrats page but my credits haven;t changed. Is that normal?

Also, I have taken 2 GiveUsYour2Cents surveys, on restaurants, completing the whole thing over 10 minutes each and then was told that I did not qualify. Does that happen?

Thanks
    Re the daily surveys-they've been a little weird lately, so that may be normal.
    The not qualifying thing tends to happen if you do the survey either two slowly, quickly or if you fail a quality check.
    With the OTX not creding, I'm wondering what your cookie settings are like?
    Cookie links http://www.google.com/cookies.html
    http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ead.php?t=3445
    Last edited by Hedy; 06-11-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Welcome to SR! You are much faster than I was getting on the forum and asking questions! First, there has been a delay with the Greenfield DS crediting since the beginning of the month. I am still waiting on two surveys from this week, and I know everyone else is. Tricia is working hard to get those for us, so we just need to be patient. If you got the congrats page, you should get those credits. Second, the OTX surveys track by cookies. because of that, I have found they are temperamental. I make sure to clear cookies before I do a survey, and you need to have your computer set up to accept third party cookies. Even with that, I sometimes don't get credit for my OTX. Third, with all surveys you will sometimes spend a while only to be told you do not qualify. It is frustrating, but somewhere you met a point that was outside what the company was looking for. It does happen, and hopefully you can try for a new one. Remember to clear cookies between your DS and a Two Cents survey. The DS tracks by ID, but the YTC tracks by cookies and may misinterpret that you have already done a survey if you don't clear cookies. HTH
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Definitely going too fast in a survey can get you thrown out at the end. The surveys are very picky about quality and if they think you fly through something they might think you aren't really paying attention and deny credit. I try to let all of the pages load fully then click an answer and move on. Of course some surveys are shorter than other so you 10 minute survey could be a really short one. Also you have to pay attention because they sometimes throw in tracking questions to see if you are paying attention. Normally those are in the middle of a group of attributes or thoughts and say something like click the box farthest to the right or box 3, etc.

Now cookies are a whole 'nother thing. There are definitely basic cookie settings we all use which someone posted above. If you change your settings to match and still have issues come back and post some more information about what computer system you are running, web browser, antivirus, firewall, toolbars, etc and we can help troubleshoot.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Safari?

I have a Mac. Does this matter?
    I just went and allowed all cookies always and then I said remove all. That is enough right? Just do that inbetween every survey?'

Thank you so much for all of your help!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I have a Mac. Does this matter?
    I just went and allowed all cookies always and then I said remove all. That is enough right? Just do that inbetween every survey?'

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Welcome! Ditto to what everyone else said.

Setting the cookies to allow only needs to be done once, but yes you need to clear cookies at least once a day (I do first thing in the morning) and in between the DS and Your 2 cents since their from the same co. DS (daily survey's) track by your user id but Y2C (Your 2 cents) is by cookies.
    Sunshine Rewards

One more quick question, will the DS let me take it twice a day? As in, if I take it at 5 one day and 4 the next will me account be cancelled because I forgot? Haha, I'm just a little nervous and the once a 24 hour/cancellation for fraudulent activity think kind of scared me.

Thanks again.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

One more quick question, will the DS let me take it twice a day? As in, if I take it at 5 one day and 4 the next will me account be cancelled because I forgot? Haha, I'm just a little nervous and the once a 24 hour/cancellation for fraudulent activity think kind of scared me.

Thanks again.
    Make sure on the freebies, OTX, and Y2C surveys to wait until after the top of the next hour to clear your cookies again. If you clear too fast you won't get the credits you earned by completing the survey/freebie.

For the surveys through Greenfield (Dailys and Y2C) you are limited to 1 per day so if you took one at 4 today and 2 tomorrow you are ok. OTX has a built in timer and they will tell you when you can come back and try again if you try too early.
    Sunshine Rewards