Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 19 days to D'Land, got my documents today...

We just went to Home Depot yesterday to get some mickey heads. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with them. I have a few ideas, just need to tinker with them.

I'm going to be keeping my eye out for other laser beam mickey heads and/or SR buttons (I don't have one).
    Joined SR May 14, 2007

Sunshine Rewards

9 days 9 days 9 days.

We leave on Monday (driving), but then are being sidetracked by family and HS reunion....but then it's Disney, baybee...

You know all this, but still. 9 days.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yay Molly, it's almost here!!!

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    9 days 9 days 9 days.

Woo! It's 8 days for us.

8 days 8 days.

Right now I'm TRYING to pack everything (but tomorrow's clothes), but DS is just not having it.

I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to wrap some baby shower presents with DS running around, and how STUPID those presents are going to look in the least xmas'y xmas-time paper I have. My friend is watching DS while I go to the shower today (this is the FIRST time he will have been babysat, can I get some hugs?), and I'm borrowing her car, and we're on a timetable so I doubt I could stop at a store then wrap them in proper paper in time.

I personally wouldn't have minded a baby shower present in silver sparkly (with tiny stars) paper, but she might. And if she doesn't, her friends will.

Ooh wait, I could snag a card and call her baby the little superstar...that would tie it in. It would still be pathetically obvious, but at last SOME effort is there.

(I sooooo got SR credits for buying these baby shower presents, by the way)

Anyway, gotta try to get DS to sleep 30 minutes before my friend gets here (which might upset HER, but will make ME happier), gotta wrap the pressies, gotta get myself dressed and hair done (my new haircut has to have something done to it, or it just looks thhhppppttttthhhht...why don't hair stylists get that I want to put Aveda Humectant in it, let it dry, and have that be THAT with my hair?) and makeup on. Do the shower, come home, collapse, pack more, wait for DH to get home, unload junk from car, load car with stuff....wash a few more clothes, wash and dry sheets (from a thread elsewhere I got the concept of having clean sheets for when you get home from vacation and it sounded lovely)....TRY to sleep....get up, GO!!!!!!

Speaking of SR credit. Pretty much the only things we've purchased for this trip have gotten SR credit. We didn't get it for a portable dvd car-charger (radio shack's shipping was too too high and we didn't have the time), DH's new swim trunks (on mega-sale at Penney's to be picked up at a store in the bay area), and food.

Augh, this was so much more do-able when DH was going to work on Monday and we were only getting to Portland that evening. But he got the day off by working on Labor Day, and now our plans are to get to Roseburg, and we want daylight while we do that, so we have to be done with all of this tonight!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    8 days 8 days.

Right now I'm TRYING to pack everything (but tomorrow's clothes), but DS is just not having it.

I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to wrap some baby shower presents with DS running around, and how STUPID those presents are going to look in the least xmas'y xmas-time paper I have. My friend is watching DS while I go to the shower today (this is the FIRST time he will have been babysat, can I get some hugs?), and I'm borrowing her car, and we're on a timetable so I doubt I could stop at a store then wrap them in proper paper in time.

I personally wouldn't have minded a baby shower present in silver sparkly (with tiny stars) paper, but she might. And if she doesn't, her friends will.

Ooh wait, I could snag a card and call her baby the little superstar...that would tie it in. It would still be pathetically obvious, but at last SOME effort is there.

(I sooooo got SR credits for buying these baby shower presents, by the way)

Anyway, gotta try to get DS to sleep 30 minutes before my friend gets here (which might upset HER, but will make ME happier), gotta wrap the pressies, gotta get myself dressed and hair done (my new haircut has to have something done to it, or it just looks thhhppppttttthhhht...why don't hair stylists get that I want to put Aveda Humectant in it, let it dry, and have that be THAT with my hair?) and makeup on. Do the shower, come home, collapse, pack more, wait for DH to get home, unload junk from car, load car with stuff....wash a few more clothes, wash and dry sheets (from a thread elsewhere I got the concept of having clean sheets for when you get home from vacation and it sounded lovely)....TRY to sleep....get up, GO!!!!!!

Speaking of SR credit. Pretty much the only things we've purchased for this trip have gotten SR credit. We didn't get it for a portable dvd car-charger (radio shack's shipping was too too high and we didn't have the time), DH's new swim trunks (on mega-sale at Penney's to be picked up at a store in the bay area), and food.

Augh, this was so much more do-able when DH was going to work on Monday and we were only getting to Portland that evening. But he got the day off by working on Labor Day, and now our plans are to get to Roseburg, and we want daylight while we do that, so we have to be done with all of this tonight!
    Goodness woman, you have me tired thinking of all the running around you have to do. I got tired for you. LOL Well have fun at the shower, I dont think the wrapping paper should be an issue. Dont worry about your DS he'll be just fine. Have fun!!!

baby shower = done

1st babysitting for DS = done (and my friend got to see the behavior change, for the worse, in DS as soon as I walked in...he was mellow and then got crazy...he is mellow for DH alone, too)

most clothes = packed

Now just waiting for DH to get home so we can pack the car (we have a secure garage so it's as safe as it can be in the car). Only then will I be able to think clearly (and see what's leftover that we need).
    Sunshine Rewards

We're getting ready to pack the car and GO!!!!! Mandi, maybe we'll somehow see you next week.
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

I should have my mickeyheads (yellow & green) on the stroller. :aok: Stop by and say hi if you see me for sure.

Hope you have a great trip!

We're leaving for Disney in a few hours.

I'm actually sick (thus why I'm still up) - so I'm a little worried about a 14 hour drive. I've had a cold for (head cold - ugh) for 4 days now, and last night I got a nasty migraine and then made myself sick from my migraine meds. Oy. DH is starting to get my cold too.

Hopefully DH & I will feel better by the time we get there! The kids are pumped.
    Joined SR May 14, 2007

Sunshine Rewards