Thread: OMG, I'm in heaven...

Default OMG, I'm in heaven...

Today I got my little tea maker from Teavana. Never used one before, had no idea what to do. All I did was put my tea leaves in, put hot water in from the water cooler, and let it steep for 5 min. Was cool seeing it all float around. Then, I placed the teapot on top of a cup, and press down slightly, and the tea went into the cup, no grounds, nothing, its perfectly clean. The tea is beyond great. Its the Energy Chocolatte Chai Tea blend. It has some chocolate undertones, not strong. Its fabulous. I don't need to add sugar or milk or anything, and its suppose to give you a little pick me up...ya, ok, like I need that, but I have a feeling that this tea is going to become my afternoon ritual. I am totally surprised by this. I love tea, but have never made it like this. Oh ya, the teapot I got is the 18oz easy tea steeper, makes a perfect 2 cups for me. ahhhhh
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

sounds yummy!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm jealous - sounds like the "press pot" for coffee. Is it similar?
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Today I got my little tea maker from Teavana. Never used one before, had no idea what to do. All I did was put my tea leaves in, put hot water in from the water cooler, and let it steep for 5 min. Was cool seeing it all float around. Then, I placed the teapot on top of a cup, and press down slightly, and the tea went into the cup, no grounds, nothing, its perfectly clean. The tea is beyond great. Its the Energy Chocolatte Chai Tea blend. It has some chocolate undertones, not strong. Its fabulous. I don't need to add sugar or milk or anything, and its suppose to give you a little pick me up...ya, ok, like I need that, but I have a feeling that this tea is going to become my afternoon ritual. I am totally surprised by this. I love tea, but have never made it like this. Oh ya, the teapot I got is the 18oz easy tea steeper, makes a perfect 2 cups for me. ahhhhh
    sounds awesome!! have to try that sometime!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofree View Post
    Guess I don't know what a press pot is either. I'm just learning about all this new age stuff. LOL
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Quote Originally Posted by fanofree View Post
    kinda sorta but not really. lol

in a press pot, the filter in attached to the plunger and the grounds stay below the coffee. In the perfect tea maker, the filter is under the leaves, and placing the teamaker on a cup somehow activates the filter, and the water drains out.

Clear as mud?
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by nicholfamily5 View Post
    kinda sorta but not really. lol

in a press pot, the filter in attached to the plunger and the grounds stay below the coffee. In the perfect tea maker, the filter is under the leaves, and placing the teamaker on a cup somehow activates the filter, and the water drains out.

Clear as mud?
    Don't use mud and coffee in the same conversation! I'll have a flash back to the food court at POP Century!

I'll have to go look at this little pot. We don't really need one, as we have a pretty nifty tea maker we bought at QVC.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards