Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or have the forums been very quiet?...

Default Is it me, or have the forums been very quiet?...

Are there even chats that happen anymore, or am I just missing them?

I must admit, I am generally not on for a long time lately myself, but I do check in several times during the day...It seems that lately there are very few new posts to read or check up on, so I haven't been hanging around.

Maybe the more "chatty" members have just been busy?

Now that I have a little (actually very little) time for the summer, I am hoping things will pick up a little. I miss the activity and the fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

It's definitely quiet. I'm here pretty much all the time though.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

It has been quiet. I'm wondering if there are a few people who have more time during the summer and we should try to get chat going again.
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree, it has been kinda quite around here. I've PM'd a few of our friends a while back to check on them and let them know that they were missed. Some responded and some didn't. That's pretty much all we can do is reach out to those that were always around.

I have noticed that we have a lot that visit but don't sign it. Not sure if they are previous regulars or newbies.

Maybe we can have a scheduled chat party? Anything to entice our old friends back. We miss them and they are missing out on a lot fun around here.

I'm always around and if you don't see me in a couple of days, somebody better send out the SR mafia to come and find me. LOL.
    Sunshine Rewards

I try to check the boards every now and then, but don't have a lot of time to respond to threads, both the girls play softball and we're always on the go, this week alone, we have 3 practices 5 games and a tournament this weekend for the traveling team Megan is on(thankfully it's the Kenosha tournament so no need to travel this weekend . Plus my brother and sil just moved her from San Fran about 3 weeks ago and are having their 2nd baby on Friday, so I've been trying to help them get the house in order and watch the oldest for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I agree, it has been kinda quite around here. I've PM'd a few of our friends a while back to check on them and let them know that they were missed. Some responded and some didn't. That's pretty much all we can do is reach out to those that were always around.

I have noticed that we have a lot that visit but don't sign it. Not sure if they are previous regulars or newbies.

Maybe we can have a scheduled chat party? Anything to entice our old friends back. We miss them and they are missing out on a lot fun around here.

I'm always around and if you don't see me in a couple of days, somebody better send out the SR mafia to come and find me. LOL.
    I do think things like this people (me included) have a tendecy to go in spurts with. Maybe some folks started out great, then lost interest after a while.

I do think it would be fun to have a "scheduled" chat...like "the old days!" Even though I wasn't able to aparticipate too often, it was fun when I could. I remember last summer sipping a cool, intoxicating drink and chatting for the evening. It was fun. As long as it's not a Wed. night, I could probably be here. If it is a Wed. night, I'd have to get here late.

Should we plan something, and advertise on here, and maybe over at the Dis and on Facebook and whatnot that there will be a chat on _____ night?
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm here every day.....usually check in at least a couple times. I agree, that it's been very quiet. Not that the Sunshine Girls don't keep things interesting around here....I just think there aren't as many "just for fun" topics to comment on.

I hate to blame everything on the economy, but I imagine that people aren't shopping and traveling quite as much and therefore don't hang around here as much.

I also think that Facebook has a little to do with it. I think it's taken a little bit of our "community spirit" we have here, away.

But there are some real "regulars" that just don't seem to hang around any more. It's too bad.

As someone else said though, sometimes people just move on.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've been checking in a few times a day as much as possible. I've been dealing with a crazy June at work coupled with Wedding stuff each weekend. When it's not work and not wedding I've actually been reading. I just have no energy right now. I actually went to bed at 8:30 last night. Imagine that! I'll try to start a book thread this afternoon with the books I've read lately.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I try to stay in contact on our board. But I have noticed that it is really quiet. All of my referrals have been so quiet as well. I see one or two log in but not the big amounts.

Kim

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

On this note of Facebook, I like seeing the comments that people put on there. I have over 200 people that are on my friends list alone I think this is a great way to brag and hint