Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to Know SR Scavenger Hunt

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I have no intention of getting involved with facebook but that's just ME, on the otherhand I do belong to Twitter....will a clue be posted on there?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Ok, I am hugely out of the whole technology scene with the exception of my sad computer which also has major issues.

I'm also not a facebook member currently , so I just tried to join a few times but my computer seems to have issues with the site and it keeps locking up and not loading. I tried IE and Firefox.

So, since that didn't work, I tried investigating this twitter thing that everyone speaks of but I'm assuming that you need a cell phone that can receive text messages? Is that right? My cell phone is a prepaid tracphone which is about 10 years old and I don't think I can do texts on it. Does that mean twitter is a no-go for me?

I feel so out-of-the-loop! (and still can't find this darn clue, LOL!)
    Debbie

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    Ok, I am hugely out of the whole technology scene with the exception of my sad computer which also has major issues.

I'm also not a facebook member currently , so I just tried to join a few times but my computer seems to have issues with the site and it keeps locking up and not loading. I tried IE and Firefox.

So, since that didn't work, I tried investigating this twitter thing that everyone speaks of but I'm assuming that you need a cell phone that can receive text messages? Is that right? My cell phone is a prepaid tracphone which is about 10 years old and I don't think I can do texts on it. Does that mean twitter is a no-go for me?

Well I'm with you about being out of the loop....I don't do text messages on my cell phone either but it's not necessary for joining twitter as far as I can tell, I just log into my account and can see all the people that I'm following and see what they are saying. (and I can't find the first clue either and I've got a from trying! I've given up! )
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

The Facebook clue still left me lost. Maybe I'm thinking too hard but I've tried all the places that made sense to me and didn't find it. Will keep looking though
    Sunshine Rewards

Tricia, would it be too much information to say where on the page the clue will be found....because newbies wouldn't know that. I don't want anyone to miss it if they're looking quickly....but I don't want to get in trouble either!

And FYI.....I found the clue before I saw the extra hint on FB. April's right....think about what Tricia wants you to see!

Keep looking!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    A big part of this particular contest is actually to get people to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and participate in the site in general more. We actually gave a clue on Facebook and in chat last night that pretty much tells exactly where the clue is. We'll be giving out more as it gets further in.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    The Facebook clue still left me lost. Maybe I'm thinking too hard but I've tried all the places that made sense to me and didn't find it. Will keep looking though
    OK, I was in chat last night, I am on Face book, I am on Twitter (you do not need to hook it to a cell phone)....and I still couldn't find it last night. Just got home from work, so I am off to try again...Wish me luck!!
    Sunshine Rewards

OK, since I don't need a cell phone for twitter, I went ahead and joined but nothing is posted there.

I finally got facebook to load on my neighbors computer and think I found the clue to the clue but I still don't get it.

I'm done. I picked an answer and maybe will get lucky!

Good luck to the rest of you!
    Debbie

I give up, I am on twitter and facebook, lol and I see no clues....
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

The best thing to do is to go to all of the links on the Main Site and check out the first page of everyone of those links. EVERY ONE OF THOSE LINKS! Don't skip any. Make sure you scroll and check the whole page of the link. Use the site like you would if you didn't know what was on the pages of the links. Check them out. The clue is very obvious on the page. It even says scavenger hunt clue I think. Don't get frustrated. You can find the clue without facebook or twitter but the facebook clue helped me go right to it. Remember this is supposed to be fun. If it seems like you guys aren't enjoying it then I imagine Tricia just won't do it anymore.

I remember when we didn't have forums and the clues had to be posted on DIS and it was such a kick trying to find the clues. The site was smaller then but I found the clue within 10 minutes by using the method I gave above. Check every link.
    Sunshine Rewards

Didn't mean to give the impression that I wasn't enjoying looking. I am. And is spite of the fact that I am pretty familiar with SR, I have found I coulple of things I wasn't aware were there. Still looking, Still having a good time.
    Sunshine Rewards