Thread: Buying Household Items through SR

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Buying Household Items through SR

I am on a mission. I am determined to spend as little time in brick & mortar stores as necessary and to be able to get what I need for my house in a way that I can earn money through SR. I have established a really great budget and I am working with it now. Now that I have my grocery budget for every two weeks I know what can afford to get. This means no more buying 3 rolls of toilet paper at a time, buying paper towels by the roll or getting water from one of those local places on the way home from someplace.

I want to set up a list of items I need around here that I can check every two weeks and order as needed. There are also grocery items I think I can order through SR since I know I use them all the time: brown gravy, pop tarts, kool aid, tea bags, paper towels, beef stock, chicken stock, etc.

What I would like is if you guys could get some chatter going about what merchants you use and what you get and why? I am going to be checking it out for myself but sometimes good experience is the best way to find out what works. Thanks guys and I look forward to seeing what you have.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

So far we only use drugstore.com for bathroom items but I'd like to do more online shopping for food and such. I find drugstore.com to be about slightly higher than shopping in the actual stores price wise but you earn drugstore.com bucks and free shipping.

What we buy:
    pledge wipes
    windex wipes
    toothpaste
    deoderant
    shampoo
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal
    sunscreen
    facial moisturizer
    facial soap
    GNC protein powder
    Air freshner plugins
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

That was the first place I went and found much the same as you. It will be a great place for my personal need items and since it is free shipping over $25 I can easily make that once a month to get the items I need.

Now I am off to see what I can find for food items like cereal and such.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Drugstore.com has some cereals and stuff. We mainly stick with Pria or Luna bars and then my Kashi Cereal as they only charge $4 at the most whereas Kroger is $4.50. I normally wait it out for a $3 sale on drugstore.com

Amazon.com has some food but you have to buy so much of it. I just don't have the room to store it.
    Sunshine Rewards

This is a great idea for a thread. I can't wait to read people responses. I have 4 young kids, so it's much easier to order online and have items shipped to my door instead of taking the kids to the store.

Even though we don't get cash back, I order through Amazon.com ALOT. I just got a box of Pampers and a 6-pack of Desitin today.

I order my Bare Escentuals through Sephora.com and Ulta.com (I try to use a discount code as often as possible or at least get some free samples in my order).

If you have a Von's or Genuardi's in your area you can order groceries online and have them delivered. SR offers a $1.50 credit for using their service. If you're a Sam's Club member, you get 1% back on every shipped purchase-great for tp/paper towels!

I do a lot of grocery shopping, especially my coffee, when Amazon has the 40% off and Free shipping sale. I save a ton of money then.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Strange as it sounds...

Check Ebay. I just bought Benchley Decaf Apricot tea. No one local sells it. Last time, I used Amazon - but Ebay was $0.10 cheaper and I got cash back.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

What a great thread. I will be sure to check in. Sorry I don't have any ideas for you.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards