Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can you use the Disney Gift Cards for?

Default What can you use the Disney Gift Cards for?

Can I use them as payment toward a Disney vacation package or is it something I could only use at the retail stores there? Anyone have any experience using them at places other than the retail stores at Disney? Thanks!

And if this is in the wrong forum...sorry...please move it wherever it would fit best...

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I use them everywhere there. Some of the carts don't take them but for the most part they take them. Earn away!!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    Can I use them as payment toward a Disney vacation package or is it something I could only use at the retail stores there? Anyone have any experience using them at places other than the retail stores at Disney? Thanks!

And if this is in the wrong forum...sorry...please move it wherever it would fit best...

Yes most I've heard/read on here use them to pay off vacation packages. They say you can either call your TA and have them call to apply or you can call Disney yourself and apply towards your package.

I used mine all over at WDW even the small carts that some mention may be a problem and I never had any issues.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've used mine all over property, at restaurants, shops and the carts. The only time I had issues with a cart is when the weather wasn't great. The carts use wireless and the connections can be iffy. I have even used it on the Disney Cruise lines to pay off my ship board account.

I used my last gift card I cashed out for ($500) to pay for the dining plan for us when we went in June. So we ate and ate and ate thanks to Sunshine Rewards!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Well, I used a $200 GC to pay for my downpayment on my trip...then I just used another $350 (I think) in GC's to pay down my balance so there wouldn't be so much charged on my CC.

Giftcards are great!

I have also used them in the past for restaurants at WDW, and also souvies on our trips.

They are also good at the Disney Store.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post

I've mostly used mine to pay off vacation packages, and on DCL to pay my shipboard account and even book another cruise!

ive also used the everywhere in the world,especially for the grey goose slushies!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitchoware View Post
    ive also used the everywhere in the world,especially for the grey goose slushies!!
    hmmm, and where would THESE be found?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    hmmm, and where would THESE be found?

There is a stand in France, right near Chefs de France. They are delicious, but I like the Grand Marnier slushies better!
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    There is a stand in France, right near Chefs de France. They are delicious, but I like the Grand Marnier slushies better!
    Thanks, I've seen those Grand Marnier ones and I plan to try one this coming trip in October, they do sound better to me too.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES