Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS...Help Needed!

Default Nintendo DS...Help Needed!

My DDs (6 and 8) have each asked for a Nintendo DS for Christmas. I know absolutely nothing about the Nintendo DS. Does anyone have any reviews on the gaming system? Any suggestions on what games to get and what SR merchants to get them through? Any information or advice would be much appreciated!
    Sunshine Rewards

my DD11 LOVES hers! i got a special deal through Amazon.com and SR late last fall and we gave it to her for christmas. it's small enough to fit in her purse to take on the bus to gifted class, but the screen is big enough for her blind-as-a-bat mama to play with her, lol.

ETA: my DD has brain age, american girl kit kittridge mystery...uh...the rest i don't remember, lol, but she loves all the games and she can use all of her gba games with it too.
    Last edited by iluvamystery89; 07-03-2009 at 09:41 PM.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Mine have about outgrown theirs but they loved Nintendogs and Animal Crossings.

My girls love New Super Mario Bros. and Animal Crossing...hmmm, also Mario Party, most of the petz ones OH!!! and Cooking Mama original and the Cooking Mama Dinner with Friends! Those are even fun for me!

Does anyone know if you can order these through a SR merchant and get credit???? My son really wants one for his birthday (since his sisters' have them :0) and I may as well buy one for SR credit...but I thought I remember seeing something saying that most SR merchants won't credit for video game systems...

Any SR merchant that DEFINITELY credit for a DS purchase???????

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

WE have 3 of them in our house and their very popular, so yes for their age I would recommend them. Not sure about the new DSi and that's a few more $$'s so I would definitely read reviews on it to see if it's worth the extra money. DS10 actually just got his 2nd one a year and a half ago. He got his when the DS lite's first came out and played it so much after 2 (or was it 3) years it just died. We have so many games of so many genres with the 3 of them it's not funny. I do recommend Super Mario Bros, Mario Party 8 and even Pokemon for the girls can be fun if they're into it. Club Penguin was cool, and DS10 and DD5 1/2 like the Lego Batmans and Indiana Jones games.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think there is a new upgrade version of the DS. I can't remember the name of it, but to be the coolest mom every, you might want to check it out. Anyone know the name of the new one?
    Angie

Oh, found it. . .Nintendo DSI

I think they have digital cameras built in!
    Angie

Thank you everyone!!!

I'm going to start making a list of games now so that I can check eBay for them. I can buy one or two games at a time over the next few months and have a nice stash of them by Christmas. (hopefully! )

I'll also look into the DS Lite vs the DSI.

What about accessories? Any suggestions there?

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Another question...

Has anyone bought DS games used? If so, what should I look for? I have purchased used games for the PS2 and most have worked fine, but have no experience with used games for a DS/DS Lite.
    Sunshine Rewards

One other thing to know is that with the DS, they can both play the same game on separate systems with just one game. You wouldn't have to buy two of all of them to avoid fights. My brothers and I paly each other occassionally on ours, usually either Zookeeper or Mario Kart. As long as one kid has the game, the second can download it and play against the fierst at the same time.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards