Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS...Help Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by toystoryduo View Post
    Thank you everyone!!!

I'm going to start making a list of games now so that I can check eBay for them. I can buy one or two games at a time over the next few months and have a nice stash of them by Christmas. (hopefully! )

I'll also look into the DS Lite vs the DSI.

What about accessories? Any suggestions there?

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it!!
    Dniece wanted a case and a charger for the car (she played hers on road trips often). I got her this one from Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1142289337163
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    One other thing to know is that with the DS, they can both play the same game on separate systems with just one game. You wouldn't have to buy two of all of them to avoid fights. My brothers and I paly each other occassionally on ours, usually either Zookeeper or Mario Kart. As long as one kid has the game, the second can download it and play against the fierst at the same time.
    That is so cool! Is it like that for all the DS games or just certain ones?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Dniece wanted a case and a charger for the car (she played hers on road trips often). I got her this one from Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1142289337163
    We'll definitely need a car charger since we drive to WDW. Thanks for sharing!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not entirely sure. The games I play that we can do it with are Tetris, Mario Kart, and Zookeeper, but I'm also older and have different tastes. Someone with kids might be able to give you more games they can do this with. I think most of the games that are multiplayer can be used this way, but I can't say for sure.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

It is just for certain games. The back of the box will say either single card play (one card for multiple players) or multi-card play (each player needs a card) and will also show how many players can play.

Also, FYI for anyone thinking of upgrading to the new DSI, they do NOT play GBA games. One of DS friends has one though and it is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by cjjmesser View Post
    It is just for certain games. The back of the box will say either single card play (one card for multiple players) or multi-card play (each player needs a card) and will also show how many players can play.
    Thank you for the info! I will probably look at getting some of the single card play games to start with.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Thank you for the info! I will probably look at getting some of the single card play games to start with.
    Mario Party is one where you only need one game, DD5 1/2 has it and the 3 of them love playing together.

If you buy used from Gamestop I'm pretty sure they guarentee them just like they do the other's. We've never had a problem with used games.
    Sunshine Rewards

My son's both recently traded in their DS Lites for the DSI I will have the older one sit down and write a review or his thoughts about each tomorrow. All the Pokemon games I think also can be connected via the Wifi or download feature.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post

Any SR merchant that DEFINITELY credit for a DS purchase???????
    I purchased one of the special edition colored DS/game combo thru SR during Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale last year for DD9 for Christmas. Not sure about other merchants but I had no problems getting credit from Wal-Mart.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

DD7 has one that she got when she was 5. Now she wants to upgrade to a Dsi and DS4 wants one. The dsi has internet connection, takes pictures and plays music. I got DDs at TRU at Christmas time. They often have bundles on sale. I got the ds, a game and a kit with a case, stylus and car charger. As far as games, she loves Nintendogs and the Imagine games.
    Sunshine Rewards