Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox or IE8

Default Firefox or IE8

I've been using IE7 with fairly good results.... windows is now bugging me to upgrade to IE8... should I upgrade, or switch?

What are you using to do offers?? are your results pretty good??

I figure I'll have to set it to allow third party cookies no matter which browser I choose... anything else?
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    I've been using IE7 with fairly good results.... windows is now bugging me to upgrade to IE8... should I upgrade, or switch?

What are you using to do offers?? are your results pretty good??

I figure I'll have to set it to allow third party cookies no matter which browser I choose... anything else?
    I upgraded it IE8 and think it is a pain. There are a few surveys that don't recognize IE8, but not many.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I upgraded a while back and hated it so much I went back to IE7 which is where I'm still at.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I refuse to upgrade too...I figured why mess with something that is working fine for me.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I had IE7 upgraded and hate it. Can't use IE8 for stuff from my school. I also have firefox and use it most. How in the world do you go back to IE7?
    Sammielynn

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    I had IE7 upgraded and hate it. Can't use IE8 for stuff from my school. I also have firefox and use it most. How in the world do you go back to IE7?
    Here ya go, I had to email Microsoft to get the info.

Hello April,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Customer Service.

I understand that you would like to install Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta and revert to Internet Explorer 7 on your Windows Vista computer.

Please visit the link provided below to uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

For more information on Internet Explorer 8 Beta, please visit the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

Internet Explorer 8 is a beta version of Internet Explorer. Microsoft has a dedicated team to handle Internet Explorer 8 Beta installation and setup support. Microsoft provides no-charge installation and usage support for Internet Explorer 8. You can contact them by visiting the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?prid=12357

April, I hope the above information is helpful and the issue is resolved soon. If you have other concerns, please feel free to contact us back.

Thank you,

Ravi
    Microsoft Customer Service Representative
    Sunshine Rewards

Ihave IE8, and besides the issue during the scavenger hunt here which drove me nuts for 2 days...I also had trouble getting into a survey a couple of days ago...The survey was not set up for IE8. I was thinking about downloading safari...any recommendations between that and firefox?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I remember quite a few people had issues with IE8 not too long ago so I'd probably stay at IE7 if you are doing fine. I sometimes do offers/shopping in Firefox and I have had mixed results. Quite a bit of my shopping in the last few months didn't credit and I had to open up TTs and I had a spell where freebies weren't crediting. I'm not sure if it was a FF issue or IE6 which I finally upgraded from. Since the switch to IE7 I've had no issues.

I surf using FF and do my offers/shopping through IE7 now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Here ya go, I had to email Microsoft to get the info.
    I see the link to unistall 8 - will 7 still be there? Or where to I get it? Sorry, I'm confused!

As for the OP - run, do not walk, away from any invitation to go to IE8. It is evil.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Thanks so much for all your replies. I'll ignore the upgrade button and stay with IE7 which has worked well for me.

I just got a little worried when the eversave offer didn't credit...when they usually do for me... I think I'll do a scan on my machine tonigh to make sure I don't have a cookie hiding.
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129