Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox or IE8

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Here ya go, I had to email Microsoft to get the info.
    Thanks so much for posting this link!!! I have successfully removed IE8, which I loathed and regreted "upgrading" to, and am now happily back with the old IE7.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Ihave IE8, and besides the issue during the scavenger hunt here which drove me nuts for 2 days...I also had trouble getting into a survey a couple of days ago...The survey was not set up for IE8. I was thinking about downloading safari...any recommendations between that and firefox?
    I agree with Cate, if IE8 is giving you problems go back to IE7 with the link I provided. I'm glad to hear it still works bc that was back on 12/2/08 that I did it and asked to convert back. The issues I hear with Safari and Firefox is mainly survey's not being completed. For SR purposes I think IE7 is the best thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I remember quite a few people had issues with IE8 not too long ago so I'd probably stay at IE7 if you are doing fine. I sometimes do offers/shopping in Firefox and I have had mixed results. Quite a bit of my shopping in the last few months didn't credit and I had to open up TTs and I had a spell where freebies weren't crediting. I'm not sure if it was a FF issue or IE6 which I finally upgraded from. Since the switch to IE7 I've had no issues.

I surf using FF and do my offers/shopping through IE7 now.
    I still with IE7 and have only tried FF for a few offers, bc it works! Your so right....

Quote Originally Posted by fanofree View Post
    I see the link to unistall 8 - will 7 still be there? Or where to I get it? Sorry, I'm confused!

As for the OP - run, do not walk, away from any invitation to go to IE8. It is evil.
    Just click on the links provided if I remember correctly it just automatically de-installed 8 and re-installed 7 without me needing to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggies View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this link!!! I have successfully removed IE8, which I loathed and regreted "upgrading" to, and am now happily back with the old IE7.
    Whoo hoo! Glad it worked! I love IE7 and will go to 8 once all the bugs are worked out and I have no other choice.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just wanted to say thanks again... I got a new-to-me-computer that came with IE8...so thanks April for posting how to get back to IE7
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129