Thread: Daily Surveys...by user ID or cookies?

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Default Daily Surveys...by user ID or cookies?

I couldn't find a direct answer through search, so forgive if discussed...

How are the Daily Surveys / Greenfield tracked... by user ID, or cookies? I know I got the SR congratulations page this morning, around 11:30-ish, but now it is letting me take a survey instead of the exceeded daily limit message (which I got this morning, I always check to make sure it went through). I have cleared cookies since I took the survey.

Today was just a test (I didn't do another survey) because the other day I couldn't remember if I had done one in the morning so I tried at night and it let me in, but then my dd reminded me I did take one in the morning b/c she had to wait for me to finish to go somewhere. The credits haven't posted yet (Friday survey), so I don't know if I got 1, 2 or none at all.

If it is by user ID, are we allowed to get 2? Like, if we do one in the a.m. get the exceeded daily limit, and for some reason are able to get back in in the afternoon is that ok? Or cheating? I can always use an extra $0.80 so wouldn't mind taking time to do another survey, but wouldn't cheat to get it.

I realize if it is cookies, then that would be cheating to clear and try to get more.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Cookies do play a part so if you clear your cookies, it will let you back in.....and Greenfield says one per day..

Here's the thread with the latest offical words from Greenfield:
    http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ghlight=survey
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Thank you! I found this in that thread, exactly what I was looking for. I knew that something had to be up to let me back in b/c I used the same email, so it must have been cookie clearing. So I'm going to start writing them on a notepad as well, then I won't forget. I work odd hours, it is hard to remember what day is what. You should work part time as an official searcher! I swear I looked forever for that info particularly.

jnorth10047:

"The issue isnt with changing your email address. That can be done all day long. As long as they aren't being changed in order to get credit for more than one survey. Some people would take a survey, get the exceeded limit message, clear cookies and change email address in order to get credit for a second survey. As long as you are only attempting to receive credit for one survey a day it doesnt matter what email you are using. If you have to change the email in order to get a survey fine. Once you have completed a survey and recieved the "you have exceeded your daily limit" message STOP taking them. Simple really. Get the message, stop taking them. I have never not recieved credit for a survey I got that message for. NOW, there will be situations where you take a survey and dont get the message so you tak another one and get credit for both. This is RARE but it has happened. In this case I am sure that neither Tricia nor Greenfield will hold you responsible for a fluke that you cant control. It is the people who are taking advantage of the fluke to get more than one survey a day that are going to have fraud issues. I hope this clears it up some."

Glad to help.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

But here's the thing. I clear cookies routinely (have done so twice today b/c I was thinking of shopping and wanted to make sure the computer was "clean"), and when i go back to see about surveys, it STILL tells me that I have exceeded the limit.

If I were to suddenly get another one, it would be a fluke on their end.

I think that they either don't really understand what we're saying, or don't believe that their system sometimes lets us in when we've forgotten about doing a survey (or like me twice, did it at a FUNKY time), and I think they are just covering themselves, just in case someone cleared cookies repeatedly and changed emails, and by chance got in to another. And the email address thing...if you're to the point where you are changing emails you're already in, the fluke has already happened.

Were you doing surveys at a weird time? Really super-early in the morning, by chance?
    Sunshine Rewards

The other day was early morning, 7ish? Then late around 10/11pm.

Today was 11:30am then around 3:30pm.

So it seems random timing.

Ok...here's something! I just went in to see if it was showing anything as I just cleared cookies. I had to enter all my info again, etc. Now it is showing the daily limit exceeded! I wonder if I had a typo last time around 3:30.

So it must track your email? Whatever it is I'm going to start keeping track so I don't get myself in trouble. And I thought I was off the hook now that Kira's closed I wouldn't have to keep track of anything Oh well, at least it is an easy thing to keep track of.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Were you doing surveys at a weird time? Really super-early in the morning, by chance?
    I think 2 or 3 times, I was able to do 2 surveys in one day. Each day I had gotten a survey early in the morning and then was able to do one later that evening. I had decided that was the "trick". And, as a rule, I don't have time to do a survey in the morning. Just on my day off. Until we found out about the one/day, I just thought of that as my insurance for the days I couldn't get a survey. Since then, I have learned to be more persistent and that has worked pretty well. Although last wk was kind of slow.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Greenfield tracks your email in order to see what surveys you have done. The credits for surveys are done by userid. Any survey you take under your userid will be credited to your account. The email addresses have to be changed at time because of the fact that you are showing in their system that you have taken all of the available surveys. As far as the cookie clearing thing goes it is not something that happens every time you clear cookies. It really is a hit or miss thing which is why some people are getting credits more than once per day. It is a fluke. The idea really is about not TRYING to beat the system. If you happen to get an extra credit here or there, no big deal, you got a bonus, but if the same person is getting duplicate credits on a regular basis then they will view this as possible fraud.
    Sunshine Rewards