Thread: Travel credits

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Default Travel credits

For the new folks using the travel sites on SR this is a reminder to be patient for credits! I got a bit nervous when I wasn't seeing some credits come in for already-completed hotel stays and placed 3 TTs 10 days after booking FORGETTING that most of the travel sites will credit after the stay is completed.

I usually don't open TTs because things have credited rather quickly for me but I opened 3 of them yesterday and, wouldn't you know, those darn credits were just waiting to be posted.

Patience is a virtue......just like "squats are my friend."

Thanks Angie and Tricia for dealing with my TTs!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

First of all, squats are the devil.

The travel credits are, indeed, a bit of a nightmare. Some of them can take up to a MONTH after travel is complete. I always get a little worried as well (speaking of which...I haven't seen my Holiday Inn from Saturday night yet!).

Thanks for the reminder on these. We all like to see the credits show up quickly because we hate tracking issues. So it makes us nervous when they do not!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

This just reminded me that I never got credit for a hotel stay back in May. I'm going to have to check just to make sure.
    Sammielynn

And also a reminder with these, from personal experience, that if you use a AAA rate or gov't rate, they won't honor the cashback on top of that. (at least Marriott and Hilton/Embassy Suites would not). But I still click thru SR anyway on the chance that it will work, but then don't worry about it if it doesn't. I did have a Marriott one come thru (at a reg rate) recently with no problems at all!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    And also a reminder with these, from personal experience, that if you use a AAA rate or gov't rate, they won't honor the cashback on top of that. (at least Marriott and Hilton/Embassy Suites would not). But I still click thru SR anyway on the chance that it will work, but then don't worry about it if it doesn't. I did have a Marriott one come thru (at a reg rate) recently with no problems at all!
    Thanks for this heads up, too!!
    Dude

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    For the new folks using the travel sites on SR this is a reminder to be patient for credits! I got a bit nervous when I wasn't seeing some credits come in for already-completed hotel stays and placed 3 TTs 10 days after booking FORGETTING that most of the travel sites will credit after the stay is completed.
    So you would recommend waiting 10 days after the stay is completed?

Booked through marriott.com aug 22, the stay was aug 23-28...I should be patient until the 8th or so of Sept?

I'll try, I'll stay strong!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    So you would recommend waiting 10 days after the stay is completed?

Booked through marriott.com aug 22, the stay was aug 23-28...I should be patient until the 8th or so of Sept?

I'll try, I'll stay strong!
    Molly,
    All of the credits that I referred to were from marriott.com! I would wait until the 8th of Sept and then, if necessary, place the TT. After I placed my 3 TTs I just sat back and, voila, they appeared! We had additional stays that I did not place TTs on and those, too, were credited approximately 10 days after.

Michael
    Dude

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Molly,
    All of the credits that I referred to were from marriott.com! I would wait until the 8th of Sept and then, if necessary, place the TT. After I placed my 3 TTs I just sat back and, voila, they appeared! We had additional stays that I did not place TTs on and those, too, were credited approximately 10 days after.

Michael
    Thanks, Dude.
    Sunshine Rewards