Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've always wondered...

Default I've always wondered...

Tricia, how did yo come up with the name of Sunshine Rewards?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Great question!! I have always wondered that too.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

LOL! Hmmm.... I guess I don't mind TALKING about it....

When the girls were little, I used to always sing them "You are my Sunshine." When Cassie was about 2, she wanted me to start singing it every single night when she went to bed (that was 2005). By 2006, I was calling her "Sunshine" or "Sunny Shiny". When it came time to name, SR, I was trying to think of something that went with the word "rewards" that meant something to me, that people would remember, and that would be easy to come up with a logo for. Sunshine Rewards was born!!

Any other questions?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

What prompted you to start Sunshine Rewards? What did you and SG do before?

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    LOL! Hmmm.... I guess I don't mind TALKING about it....

When the girls were little, I used to always sing them "You are my Sunshine." When Cassie was about 2, she wanted me to start singing it every single night when she went to bed (that was 2005). By 2006, I was calling her "Sunshine" or "Sunny Shiny". When it came time to name, SR, I was trying to think of something that went with the word "rewards" that meant something to me, that people would remember, and that would be easy to come up with a logo for. Sunshine Rewards was born!!

Any other questions?
    Aww, that's so cute. I love that song-it remind me of the (long gone) Sunshine the cat we had when I was a baby. He was then immortalized in Sunshine the stuffed cat, who has more air niles logged than many humans on this board (and probably got me to join because of the name).

Quote Originally Posted by secretmoney View Post
    What prompted you to start Sunshine Rewards? What did you and SG do before?
    I was an attorney working for LexisNexis. Two Christmases in a row they made me lay off a lot of my employees. By Christmas 2005, I couldn't take it anymore. It was killing me having to fire people with hardly any notice before the holidays and I had a feeling they were just going to keep doing it year after year. I had already had my site Helping Moms Connect up as a "fun" site for about a year. I knew that I could make money online with advertising and figured that if I split the profits with my friends, they would want to shop through my links. I started it on the break between Christmas and New Years. By the time I went to a management conference in February, I knew that it couuld replace my income if I worked hard at it. So I told all of my friends that I would be leaving in the spring. I gave official notice in April and SR became my job as of June 2006.

SG has always been a systems administrator and IT manager. So he works full-time at that but helps me with the programming stuff on evenings and weekends. So he kind of works two jobs.

Next?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

OK I'm grasping, we see pictures of the kids, any pets?

Quote Originally Posted by secretmoney View Post
    OK I'm grasping, we see pictures of the kids, any pets?
    Poor Daisy Doodle departed us last spring break. We had her since we got married, so it was pretty traumatizing. But on the flip side, I REALLY like not having to be responsible for an animal now! So I have a feeling we won't be getting anymore until the girls are old enough to really help out.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

How's the weather where you live. It's beautiful in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Poor Daisy Doodle departed us last spring break. We had her since we got married, so it was pretty traumatizing. But on the flip side, I REALLY like not having to be responsible for an animal now! So I have a feeling we won't be getting anymore until the girls are old enough to really help out.
    How's Kevin doing after being fixed earlier this year?