Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricia...I'm sorry to say it but...

Tricia, please tell me what google ads? are these the banners? let us know all of the things that help so that we can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by secretmoney View Post
    Tricia, please tell me what google ads? are these the banners? let us know all of the things that help so that we can help you.
    They are. They are the ads that appear between the posts and in the arcade. I think people get use do kind of "tuning out" banners on websites so you start to not even notice them. But we do try really hard to find things that we think our members might legitimately like. For example, we might put up a Kraft Recipes banner here in the forum.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have gotten a few from here and love them

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I do surveys sporadically, depends upon what else is going on in my life. Every time I get lucky it encourages me to try again. Got one last night, and another one, just now. I have learned that persistence pays off (this is info for newcomers, the rest of y'all know that). Just because I am told there are no surveys doesn't really mean there are none. That just occurred and I tried, again, and got a quick one. But, I do understand the frustration of trying and trying and not getting one.

My shopping has picked up. Have ordered several things from eBay, this past wk. I have been finding all kinds of deals there. Found Black and Decker cordless weed eaters (shipping, tax etc) for $40 cheaper than Amazon. Bought 2, my mom wanted a replacement, also. Discovered Hollister and Converse over there, those make Grace happy. Anna wants a flat iron like her sister's, figure I can get it there cheaper.

I love SR, don't do shopping or offers elsewhere, for one thing I understand the ins and outs of SR so it is just easier. The contests do spur me on to try offers, surveys more but I would rather keep SR in business.

I SR and would hate to see it go anywhere! I find that sometimes things credit easily (including surveys) and sometimes it's frustrating. When it's frustrating, I just take a break for a a day or two. I have a goal for my next cashout so I have been really trying hard lately. Overall, I have done well with surveys and offers.

For people who are having trouble with getting a DS, if there are no options for you to check, try clearing cookies. I find that if I clear cookies and then check the no options box, it sometimes goes right into a survey. If I still can't get one, I'll try for an otx and then later on (and after otx credits), I will clear cookies and try again. Also, if I do get a DS and there are still a lot of options, I will try for a 2 cents right away. Might as well try for a credit if there are surveys available.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Hey is there anyone who has done the contest yet? I am the only post

WOW!! I didn't realize my post would cause such a flurry of responses!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I am not trying to put this on you...because it's not you. But since you put this out here...

The sad reality is that SR is going to have a hard time staying in business if people continue to stop taking surveys. We've lost half of our survey takers in the last year and are looking at having to do employee cutbacks before too long if something doesn't change. Everyone wants us to give away more and more free stuff but then at the same time turns around and says that 1) they don't have time to take surveys, 2) they don't do freebies because they don't credit, and 3) they can't shop because of the economy. Any and all of the above might be true. But we're a business. If people stop doing all of the above plus don't refer new friends, we can't continue to pay the bills.

People beg us all the time to run more contests and give away more free stuff and higher commissions. But look around you at all of the small family businesses closing. We can't compete with the bigger sites in terms of commissions because we don't do enough volume. All that we can do is continue to be ourselves and offer customer service and a personal environment. But something does have to give as our active members do their shopping through %&$@ and their surveys through &*$#@ to get a higher commission but then come play with their friends in our free forum.

Again, this isn't directed at you because I couldn't get a survey all day yesterday either and it was REALLY frustrating. But I felt like I needed to respond with where WE are sitting right now.
    I can totally understand that SR, like all companies, especially small companies right now, are hurting...that's why I make sure to still shop through SR whenever a merchant is available here. I use SR for my online shopping exclusively. And, I have gotten my DH into the habit of checking here for merchants too. I love SR, like I said, and I would hate to see it go away! My reason for posting, was that I was feeling really bad about not doing surveys lately, especially because I know that it has been an issue for you here. I felt like I wanted to give you an explanation. I will continue to do everything else I can to spur SR on, including clicking on the links here on the forums, which I admit, I don't do often enough...so thanks for the reminder on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I also think the OTX surveys are a lot easier, quicker and less frustrating, so if you want to continue to build your account up, you may want to just try those.
    You know Cindy...I think you are right. I think the OTX surveys are "generally" easier for me to get. When I do try for surveys, I generally start with the daily though, then get frustrated and never make it to OTX. I will give OTX a try in the next couple of days before totally giving up...how's that? I do love the bump in my account when I get one.

[QUOTE=arob414;257303]I do surveys sporadically, depends upon what else is going on in my life. Every time I get lucky it encourages me to try again. Got one last night, and another one, just now. I have learned that persistence pays off (this is info for newcomers, the rest of y'all know that). Just because I am told there are no surveys doesn't really mean there are none. That just occurred and I tried, again, and got a quick one. But, I do understand the frustration of trying and trying and not getting one.

I think this is what drives me crazy the most. I do actually have check off boxes...as a matter of fact, I have had several boxes to check off the last few times I've tried...what drives me nuts is the "no surveys available" message every stinking time, time after time, when I have several other boxes checked and I know there are surveys available. Just frustrates me no end!

Actually Tricia, now that I am thinking about it, I do have a question in regard to this...When I try for a survey with several boxes checked and get the "no surveys available" message, does that indicate that my demographic may not match up with the demographics on ANY of the surveys that go with the boxes I have checked? Or is that just a glitch? I know there have been times in the past that I HAVE beeen able to complete a survey after getting that message, but more often than not, like today, I keep getting that message over and over again once I get it...should I just assume that I won't meet the demographic requirements if I get that message? Just wondering. I do appreciate all you do here for us and your trying to keep us all happy. Know that even if I am not taking surveys, I am not going anywhere!
    Sunshine Rewards

i LOVE SR and will do whatever i can to keep it around. what can i (or anyone else) do? i've done my back-to-school shopping (thus far) and developed my disney pics through SR...i do the DS almost every day (occasionally i don't qualify). i never seem to get an OTX and offer credits are very sporadic for me. is there anything else i can be doing? i want to help

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I also think the OTX surveys are a lot easier, quicker and less frustrating, so if you want to continue to build your account up, you may want to just try those.
    OTX surveys used to be easier for me when I first signed up earlier this year, but I usually have a hard time qualifying for any surveys. I must be in a really undesirable demographic. I have not qualified for an OTX survey since May.

My hubby does my OTX