Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Course Advisor - Nursing and Healthcare [ID: 3618]

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I signed up for info on getting my masters in mathematics education (I've been out of teaching for almost 10 years now raising my kids but since my youngest is only home for another year, it's time to start getting back into the swing of things). The University of Phoenix is the college that came up for me. I live in NJ so obviously I can't attend courses in Phoenix and I've never taken online courses before. Do employers take online courses seriously or will it look like I'm taking the easy way out? Since I've been out of the teaching field for so long, I'm looking for ways to show on my resume that I'm working on updating my skills, etc.
    I don't think employers look at where you get a Master's degree, but more importantly that you have one. Online degrees at online Universities is very common now and completely acceptable. Many of the teachers at our school have gotten their Masters and even their Doctorate degrees online. Good luck!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    I don't think employers look at where you get a Master's degree, but more importantly that you have one. Online degrees at online Universities is very common now and completely acceptable. Many of the teachers at our school have gotten their Masters and even their Doctorate degrees online. Good luck!
    Thanks - that's what I was hoping! With three children, it would be much easier to do online courses. I can't really count on DH getting home before 7:00pm and 2 weeks every month he is on call round the clock. Actually getting to a class would be really difficult. I'm excited about getting some info and hoping we can swing the cost of a class or two.
    Debbie

I signed up to get more info as I am interested in furthering my education, just not sure where to begin yet. Working retail is the pits and I really need to do something else and soon! I got two calls on Saturday from a number I don't recognize, but I was at work so I missed them both . I wonder if it was from a rep from this college? I hope by not answering the calls that it doesn't appear that I am trying to defraud them.

Quote Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
    I signed up to get more info as I am interested in furthering my education, just not sure where to begin yet. Working retail is the pits and I really need to do something else and soon! I got two calls on Saturday from a number I don't recognize, but I was at work so I missed them both . I wonder if it was from a rep from this college? I hope by not answering the calls that it doesn't appear that I am trying to defraud them.
    I had the same problem, I work all weekend and can't really get my phone at work. I missed calls from two different numbers that I didn't recognize, so I am hoping they call back during the week.

I had another offer (about health ins) that I did a couple of weeks ago. The rep happened to called Sat. during my lunch break so I asked him to call me Mon. He never did but he called me several times Sun. I have no idea why, I told him that I work all weekend

I wish some of these reps understood that some people have to work on the weeends.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Having concern that the advertiser is getting what they need to pay us for these leads, I touched base with my contact this morning. He indicates that the schools will be calling each of the individuals who signed up and evaluating that conversation.

So, it sounds as if this phone call is important. It is my assumption that they will try to contact you again especially given the general lack of availability for most people on weekends.

We won't know how everything is going for probably 3-5 business days. If you expressed interest by signing up for Course Advisor, please answer the call from a college representative. I'm sure it isn't a "test". Just be honest about whatever was of interest to you. Thanks!
    Angie

I spoke with a representative this morning, but was not available to go over the website at that time (was out taking my morning walk when they called again!) I have an appointment tomorrow morning to go online with someone to go over the programs etc.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I signed up for both because I do have a sincere interest as I'm thinking of a career change...or if nothing else, bettering my education...can never have too much. Something weird though...it said I had no schools in my area for the nursing program (I guess that is fate telling me no-stick w/business), but I still got credit. ??

I did get some emails regarding the online schools though. I will reply today!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Oh my gosh! I just got the tuition schedule from the man at the University that I have been talking to. I have absolutely NO idea how much a 3 credit class costs now. I almost fell right off my chair!!!
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    Oh my gosh! I just got the tuition schedule from the man at the University that I have been talking to. I have absolutely NO idea how much a 3 credit class costs now. I almost fell right off my chair!!!
    I haven't received any phone calls yet, but I did get an email so I started poking around their site and EEK! I know I really need to go back to get my masters but I don't know how I will be able to afford to! It was much easier way back when, when Mom and Dad were flitting the bill, LOL!
    Debbie

Talked to my sister and she asked me to fill a request out for her as well. She is aready in the nursing field and thought about getting her bsn in it. She told me that she did get an email but no calls yet.

My DD is getting her Assicate degree in nursing and i filled out a request about her over the weekend about the Rn to Bsn program did check it out online it is a 41 hrs class but no phone call yet. Closes campases are about 70 to 80 miles from here and we are about 38 miles from Georgia Souther which DD has no desire to attend.
    Every day is better with a little in it.I have earned over 2000.00 in sunshine rewards.