Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on a Visa Debit Card I received?

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default Question on a Visa Debit Card I received?

Is this ligit? It must of come from something that I did on SR but honestly, I have no idea. It says at the top of the paper that it came attached to "The Ultimate Gift Card" and it's a silver card with a blue ribbon design on it and it is for $10. It wants me to activate it and thought I would check here first, has anyone else gotten this one in the past couple of days? Thanks.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Sounds like it might be from one of the Aisle 10 offers. Did you send in the coupon thingy at the end for your $10 Visa?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Sounds like it might be from one of the Aisle 10 offers. Did you send in the coupon thingy at the end for your $10 Visa?
    no, I never sent anything back for a Visa card, for other items I have but it's been months since I've done an Aisle offer?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

yep, i got one yesterday. it's from an MID or aisle 7 offer. i had to call to activate mine-i tried several times on the website, but it said the card # wasn't valid. the lady i talked to at customer service had no trouble with it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    yep, i got one yesterday. it's from an MID or aisle 7 offer. i had to call to activate mine-i tried several times on the website, but it said the card # wasn't valid. the lady i talked to at customer service had no trouble with it, though.
    Thanks. I just finished reading the disclosure statement that came with it and it talks about all the fees associated with it, like activation fee, transactions fees, monthly maintenance fees, customer service and online access fees, geesh....I'm thinking of just chopping it up, I don't need a $10 headache! Did customer service say anything about fees to you?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

no, nothing about fees, and this is the second one i've gotten. i used the first one to buy some groceries at wal-mart. the only problem i had with it was it wouldn't scan at the self-checkout i used, but the cashier took care of that. no fees involved.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have used three and never once had a problem with any of them. I actually trade them in days after I get them for target gift cards and such. My mom just got one and she is getting a disney gift card at the disney store to go in her stash.

I have gotten three and have redeemed them for Disney Gift Cards - no problems at all!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    I have used three and never once had a problem with any of them. I actually trade them in days after I get them for target gift cards and such. My mom just got one and she is getting a disney gift card at the disney store to go in her stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    I have gotten three and have redeemed them for Disney Gift Cards - no problems at all!
    What a great idea...that is what I will do too! thanks everyone! That's why I love this place...a wealth of information to be had, just for the asking!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Just be careful that you use it for a store gift card and not a restaurant, purchased IN the restaurant. I had problems trying to use one for part of a pizza at Papa Johns one night and trying to buy an Amazon GC for my brother. I had no problems using them anywhere else.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards