Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magical Express - late check in

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Default Magical Express - late check in

I've never used Magical Express before. I know it takes a good long time for your luggage to catch up with you. Our flight arrives at 9:17pm. We plan on having a carry on w/ one change of clothes for each, and essentials, so I know we'll at least have clothes for our first full day.

For those who have used this service, would you recommend just letting them bring the luggage (any ballpark idea of time...like will they knock on my door at 4am!). Or should I just get it myself and have them load it under the bus? I've always used Mears and am kind of intimidated by the unfamilar

TIA !
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

We let them take our luggage and we arrived around 8:30 AM. The bag (we only had one checked) didn't arrive until after 6:00PM. I actually ended up calling to find out where it was and they had to search for it. I think it may be safer to just bring it on the bus. I know that if I ever use the ME bus again, that's what I'll do.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

You can request at checkin for them to hold your luggage until the morning so that they don't come in the middle of the night.

We had an early flight and let ME do everything. Of course our room wasn't ready until after 4 so our luggage didn't get to us until 5 or 6 but it wasn't too bad.
    Sunshine Rewards

When you arrive late at night they actually don't bring your luggage until you call bell services. In May we arrived at 10:30 pm. I called in the morning to have our luggage brought to the room.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks everyone! I think I'll probably just grab them myself, that way I won't have to worry about doing anything the next morning. I thought about splurging on a towncar if the eBay fairy is good to me, but I have a hard time spending $$ on something when I know there is a cost free option out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll probably just grab them myself, that way I won't have to worry about doing anything the next morning. I thought about splurging on a towncar if the eBay fairy is good to me, but I have a hard time spending $$ on something when I know there is a cost free option out there.
    Honestly, I can think of much better things at WDW to splurge on rather than a town car. We actually really enjoy using ME. They show a video on your way to your resort that really gets you in the Disney spirit! There is a nice one that they show on the way to the airport as well (but obviously we don't like that one as much!)

I really like the luggage aspect of ME as well. We travel with two little kids. The first year we went we didn't use ME and it was a pain in the rear dealing with our luggage and them. They are a little bit older now and can help with their own small carry-ons but I love arriving and not having to worry about competing with 100 other people to get my luggage off of the carousel!

Have a great trip!!!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

I have used it once and LOVED It. If I was you I would just leave a note with the front desk stating not to bring it between certain hours and to deliver it at such a time of they miss getting it to you before bed. It was so nice to get off our LONG flight and just get on the bus. Our luggage did not take long to get to us and we had everything else we needed in a carry on. It will also allow you to go check in faster without towing luggage around with you.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Do you have to actually be in the room when they deliver it? On one hand I don't want to sit around waiting for it and like the idea of just getting on that bus since it is at night, but I also want to make sure the bellhop person gets tipped. I guess I could leave the $$ in the room, with a note specifically for them, and one in a separate place for mousekeeping?

llgray16.... ITA! I'm always, ok, that is x amount of dollars, which is x amount of sit down dinners, or x amount counter service, or equal to 2 nights AAA at a value resort! In this case it may be Liberty Tree Tavern before MVMCP, will try for an ADR today.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

I do belive you have to be present to get your luggage. So you could say come at 6:30 or 7 in the morning when you know you will be there.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Actually, I don't think you do need to be present for luggage delivery. DH and I were in the parks last year when our luggage was delivered.