Thread: Free Dining Question

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Free Dining Question

Hey guys,

I am trying to get a budget together for a Disney trip next September since Mike is adamant on wanting to go back next year to WDW. We agreed on a 2 year plan back in 2007 so I can't blame him as next year will be the "Disney" year though I wouldn't mind a cruise. Guess that will be the opposite 2 year plan

So to make a long request short. Were there any stipulations to the original Free Dining this year covering the month of September? Meaning can you still stay at a value and get the dining package that is 1 snack, 1 QS, and 1 TS meal or is there a charge now or requirement to stay at a certain level to get it.

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

http://www.mousemisers.com/2009/fall...disney-dining/

There is one small change with this promotion, from past free dining offers.

Book a minimum three night stay at at Disney Value resort, and receive the Quick Service dining plan included for free with your stay.
    Book a minimum three night or longer stay at a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Villa resort, and receive the Disney Dining plan included for free with your stay.

If you book your stay at a Disney Value resort, you have the option to upgrade to the Disney Dining plan by paying the difference, which is $10 for adults and $2 for children three to nine, or you may upgrade to the Disney Deluxe Dining for the prices difference, which is $42 for adults and $12 for children three to nine.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks Janet. I'll keep that in mind as I start looking at numbers. I wouldn't mind upgrading to a moderate but it depends on how the job hunts go.
    Sunshine Rewards

Wink

Cate, Janet IS correct, but that is the NEW Fall package that just came out on July 27th, 2009 for check ins: 9/27/09-12/17/09 with the Quick service plan for the value resorts (which can be upgraded) and the Basic Free plan for Mod's and Deluxe Disney hotels. This package must be booked by September 26th, 2009.

BUT before that NEW Fall package was released, Disney announced on March 26th of 2009 the release of the FREE dining packages for the Fall of 2009,(this booking offer was to expire on June 21st, 2009 but the booking window was extended to July 26th, 2009! Then the next day they post the NEW Fall offer that Janet explains above-go figure!) The original offer was for the Basic dining (1 snack, 1 counter service & 1 table service) for check in's 8/16/09-10/3/09 at all Disney resorts.

They did this in 2008 also...started off in April 08, offering the Free dining with checkin's late August through late September, then extended the offer through December 2008 (ended with check-ins right before Christmas week).

So, it makes you wonder what they will have for the public in 2010 for packages with FREE dining, my assumption is the new package as Janet mentions will be the offer for the fall of 2010..ie: Value resorts: Free Quick service with the option to upgrade to a basic dining plan and Mod's & Deluxes with the Basic Free dining (also with the option to upgrade to a higher level dining package!) Don't quote me that there will be a Free dining plan in 2010..as those offers won't be released till next March or April, IF they do them at all in 2010(but I think they will)!

Disney has also had the Bouceback for a few years now...meaning if you are staying at a Disney resort between certain dates from August - October you can book with the free dining for your return trip the following year, putting down a $200.00 deposit BEFORE you leave Disney property! I'm sure they'll have it again this year too!

Cate, here's an idea for you: You could alway fly down for the SR meet in late October, book a value resort with free dining for a couple of nights in 10/22-10/25? (We'd love to have you join us!) and then book the Bouceback offer for 2010 while you are there!!

I have heard rumblings about the dining plan going UP for 2010 (to $42.00-$45.00 per person, per day, adding ??, we can only hope for appetizer to be added again!), but nothing official from Disney yet...I know the 2010 package rates are out now for TA's to book, but I haven't had the opportunity to call for a 2010 quote yet. If you need me to look into one for you, just drop me a PM.

Best of luck to you...and again, Congrats on your marriage!
    Deb
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Dining plan HAS gone up...nothing has been added - in fact in the appetizer has been removed from the Deluxe plan if I have been reading correctly (that is from the DIS but the brochure below says differently - apprarently there is some confusion)

http://www.momswdw.com/fb-downloads/...ning-plans.pdf
    Last edited by ligrumpygirl; 08-06-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well that is frustrating if the prices have gone up. It was already a barely break even thing to begin with. I guess I'll see what happens when the rumors start flying next Spring and decide if we want to do the dining package or just pay OOP.

Thanks for that bit of info Deb. I hope they do it the same way next year (free basic first) but you never know. At least I have a good idea on the price range and can start knuckling down with my surveys.
    Sunshine Rewards