Thread: Question about coupon codes

Default Question about coupon codes

Hello all. I read the sticky about how we might not receive credit for our purchase if we use a coupon code from another website, from email, or postal mail.

I have one of those friends & family 30% off cards that an employee of a store gave us to use this weekend. Does anyone know if using that type of discount code would negate the Sunshine Rewards credit? Should I try it and see what happens, or just purchase from the merchant directly and not link-thru on Sunshine?

Thanks in advance! I want to "play by the rules" lol and am still a newbie to the shopping aspect of Sunshine!!

You can try to use the code with the link from SR but do so knowing that you might not get credit. If you're okay with that make your purchase, if you would rather get SR credit don't use the code.

I have used a code I received by email for a merchant and have gotten credit twice. It was a chance I was willing to take as I needed what I was ordering and the code was worth more than the SR credit.

Good Luck!
    Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    You can try to use the code with the link from SR but do so knowing that you might not get credit. If you're okay with that make your purchase, if you would rather get SR credit don't use the code.

I have used a code I received by email for a merchant and have gotten credit twice. It was a chance I was willing to take as I needed what I was ordering and the code was worth more than the SR credit.

Good Luck!
    Karn
    Thanks for answering my question so promptly! I am going to give it a try and see what happens! It is a good % off and I am getting my daughter some back to college stuff which she needs. If I don't get the SR credit, I will just chalk it up to experience for next time.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

It never hurts to try using the code. I always go thru SR links even when I'm just browsing because you never know when you might make a purchase. SR just asks that if you do use a coupon code not from the SR site to not open a TT on the purchase if you don't receive credit or make it clear in your TT so Angie and the rest of the staff know if they can persue the credit with the merchant or not.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would say 80% of the time I use a code not listed on SR, it works anyway. You just never know. I did it the other day because I really need to save as much $$ out of my pocket as possible right now- it kills me that I might not get SR credit, but like others said, it's a chance I was willing to take cause it saved me $20. Usually I find it's not worth it to cancel out SR's credit, but once in awhile, I take the risk....

The ones I find that don't work the most when I use a code- hotels! We always can get a government rate with DH's military status, so that negates SR's kickback.

Good luck!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I usually ask for a coupon on the forum... a couple of times Cindy has found me great SR approved coupons.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129