Thread: E-Mail Addy and Getting Offers to Credit

Question E-Mail Addy and Getting Offers to Credit

Okay, I've hit the proverbial wall AGAIN.

I just read thru one of the sticky threads, and I'm going to try today's offers exactly like she says....

...now, here's my question.

I've been really busy and haven't been here in a while. Just got back into the swing of things last week. That first day, EVERYTHING credited, but after that nothing--it's back to pulling teeth again.

Does anyone know if this has anything to do with your e-mail address?

I use one Yahoo account for all my offers.

I've heard, through another site's forums, that you should have MANY different e-mail addresses because once you use an e-mail address for one advertiser, you can't use it again. For example, if I do a MID offer with the account I'm using now, chances are I can't do another one with this address.

Are you girls seeing the same thing or do you use just a primary account?

I know you can't repeat offers, but I can't imagine how many e-mail accounts I'd have to set up over time for the other scenario.

Then, having to keep track of all of them would drive me nuts I think!

Thanks for any offer-crediting advice you can give!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Advertisers track by various metrics - email, actual address, phone number, IP address. Doing a bunch all at once and across sites can quickly exhaust your information as far as crediting goes as you are quickly added to their databases. Also advertisers think you aren't really interested if you do too many of their offers. Being that advertisers aren't fully disclosed you never really know who is running which freebie. So while it doesn't add up fast I stick to 1 freebie a day and 3 surveys. It keeps me out of trouble and still crediting.
    Sunshine Rewards

We actually recently got an email from one of our advertisers that they are starting to track people using multiple email addresses on MIDs. They reversed some of our credits for "fraud" (even though we didn't think it rose to that). They manually reviewed the email addresses against the IP addresses and mailing addresses and considered it scamming the system when people used a different email address (even if legitimate). They are really cracking down on people using offers to make money rather than because they are truly interested.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

sorry to hear that Tricia.

Mid should probably start tracking something that doesn't change often like street address if they don't want people to do more than one of their offers.

This information about MID should probably be put in a sticky somewhere, because most of the people on SR don't want to cheat... but it is hard when they keep changing the rules on what is acceptable and what is not.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    sorry to hear that Tricia.

Mid should probably start tracking something that doesn't change often like street address if they don't want people to do more than one of their offers.

This information about MID should probably be put in a sticky somewhere, because most of the people on SR don't want to cheat... but it is hard when they keep changing the rules on what is acceptable and what is not.
    I agree, now that I've read this I won't be doing anymore MID offers.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    I agree, now that I've read this I won't be doing anymore MID offers.
    As long as yall are doing things in an honest manner, I wouldn't worry unless/until Tricia notifies us otherwise. Tricia doesn't like losing money and she hates fraud so when there is an issue or things change she normally notifies us quickly and explains what needs to change or what to look out for.

With Angie spreading out how often she posts freebies we should be ok with doing the current ones using our same information and then it should expire by the next time she posts a similar one. The issue comes into play when people try to do 5 MIDs all in one day and changing their email.
    Sunshine Rewards