Thread: Please Help Me Find (sewing related)...

Default Please Help Me Find (sewing related)...

Does anybody have any ideas of where I might be able to find the hardware to make a roman shade? I need a couple of small regular pulleys and what's called a "cord lock pulley". I found them in person at my local JoAnn store but can't find seem to find it at their website or anywhere else online. I've tried Home Depot, all the various fabric stores, ebay, etc. Any ideas?

I have looked all over and am out of ideas but would LOVE to get a better price than the in-store price and / or get SR$ for it!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Something like this though it seems too simple then again I don't know anything about shades.

REI is a SR merchant with in-store pickup.

http://www.rei.com/product/612218

I googled How to Make Roman shades and found one set of instructions calling them cord locks. I also found a bunch suggesting velcro.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oops! I almost forgot about this thread because I had to postpone my curtain project for a few weeks. Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. That one doesn't seem to be for crafty purposes.

Here are the 2 types of pulleys that I have already purchased from my local fabric store:
    http://www.sewandquilt.com/Merchant2...Dec_WarmWindow

http://www.sewandquilt.com/Merchant2...Dec_WarmWindow

This is the exact brand & everything that I already have but I'm not locked into the brand if I can find the same basic thing somewhere else. I can't seem to find them anywhere on SR which seems impossible since there are so many merchants!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks for posting an example. I am not a sew-er so I had no idea what to look for. Maybe if I can get a few minutes I can help you search or someone who is a sew-er can help out.
    Sunshine Rewards

I had trouble even finding those links at all! I had no idea finding these things would be so challenging! Fortunately, I do have them for the first window I'm doing but I don't think this will be the only window I'll do so I'm crossing my fingers that I can find what I'm looking for on SR before I get around to more.

Would Hancock Fabrics have anything like that?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.