Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPAM...UGH

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Default SPAM...UGH

I have not had much luck the last few days getting offers to credit. I think I was doing too many at once so I have slowed down quite a bit and will re-try the ones that didn't credit but...

OH MY GOSH the spam is ridiculous! I cleaned out my Gmail account and my spam folder had 2738 emails since yesterday!! No sooner did I do one offer and go back to check for an email and there were 360 more!!

Is this normal? I can see how you could easliy miss an email confirmation!

I am actually considering just getting a new email before I retry some of the free offers I haven't had any luck with...any suggestions?
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I have a gmail account just for offers. Before I do an offer I go in and clear out all of the spam and leave the account open in one window while I do the offer in another window. Then once I finish the offer I just click over and click on the confirmation email. Its easy to find and I dont have to dig through the spam. I clear out the account before doing any offers. I mostly just leave it open all the time along with my SR.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have a gmail account just for offers too. I didn't check my account for a month and had over 32,000 spam emails.

Now that I'm back to regularly doing them, I clean them out before I go in and do offers and it works great!

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I have a gmail account just for offers. Before I do an offer I go in and clear out all of the spam and leave the account open in one window while I do the offer in another window. Then once I finish the offer I just click over and click on the confirmation email. Its easy to find and I dont have to dig through the spam. I clear out the account before doing any offers. I mostly just leave it open all the time along with my SR.
    That's a GREAT idea, Janet!! Thanks

Default Get a New Email address

I would get a new email address. I read that someone does a new one every month. I'm planning on getting a new one too, something long so I can use it for a long time and put lots of dots in it.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

I think it is time to get a new one. I have used the same one since the Spring when I first started with SR. Once I do that, I will try Janet's advice. I'll admit I am not diligent about checking for the email once I sign up for an offer. And sometimes they are hard to spot too...they aren't always obvious you know?
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

They are when you clear out first and only have 5 or so emails to look through. I haven't had an issue since I started doing this. I also dont forget to go and look for the confirmation emails when the account is open all the time because I can just go in and look right then. I dont use my gmail for offers that I really need to get the emails for like paid offers, club memberships and shopping purchases. I may get a little spam to my master account this way but I am sure to get the emails I need to get this way.
    Sunshine Rewards

I get alot of spam too and i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Wow that is alot of spam. I set up an email account with aol and I usually have around 30 spam emails. I like the idea of a gmail account becuase I do forget to look for confirmations emails.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I set up a "junk" e-mail account strictly for these offers. I must get 200-300 SPAM emails a day. The funny thing is that I get the SPAM before I even get credit for the offer. I have nine pending sign-ups for which I haven't received credit but I've already received e-mails from them.