Thread: More Newbie Questions, Redeming Credits

Default More Newbie Questions, Redeming Credits

I am a long way off from this point, but I am wondering about the credits. If I opt for a Disney gift card or disney dollars, or any other gift card option for that matter. Do the gift cards come with an expirations date of any kind?

Should I order cards as soon as I am able, or wait until I actually want to use them? How long does it take to get them?

Thanks!!!!

Christine

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've only cashed out for Disney dollars and Disney gift cards so I can only speak about them. They do not expire so you can cash out whenever you want. I try to let my balance build so I can cash out for larger gift cards (and avoid having a bunch of them).

Cash outs take about 4-6 weeks due to mailing time (SR has to order the gift cards from Disney and wait to have them shipped and delivered then have to process cash outs and mail to members - lots of post office time). So with that in mind I normally cash out 6 weeks ahead of when I need them and usually don't have to sweat anything.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I've only cashed out for Disney dollars and Disney gift cards so I can only speak about them. They do not expire so you can cash out whenever you want. I try to let my balance build so I can cash out for larger gift cards (and avoid having a bunch of them).

Cash outs take about 4-6 weeks due to mailing time (SR has to order the gift cards from Disney and wait to have them shipped and delivered then have to process cash outs and mail to members - lots of post office time). So with that in mind I normally cash out 6 weeks ahead of when I need them and usually don't have to sweat anything.
    Thanks for the info. My plan was to get most or all of it in Disney gift cards to use when we go to WDW again. We are hoping to go in the fall of 2010. I guess building up the points & getting larger $ amount cards is the way to go.

Im not getting too far too fast though, since I can't seem to get a single survey! & I am trying not to send too much right now either...

Christine

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

All I can really suggest is to keep trying. Just remember a little adds up. My earnings total is the work of 3 years now so it wasn't overnight. Most of it is surveys and some online shopping that I was going to do anyway (think drugstore.com and the likes).
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinNJ View Post
    Thanks for the info. My plan was to get most or all of it in Disney gift cards to use when we go to WDW again. We are hoping to go in the fall of 2010. I guess building up the points & getting larger $ amount cards is the way to go.

Im not getting too far too fast though, since I can't seem to get a single survey! & I am trying not to send too much right now either...

Christine
    You will be surprised at how a little each day can add up. I only wish I had been more serious when I first signed up. I am not spending alot of money right now either but I have been getting quite a few shopping credits. Just a couple of examples - My mom needed ink for her printer - she asked me to go get it for her - I ordered it online with free shipping! My kids need clothing and shoes for shoe - I order online. Surveys have been difficult to get but I have been getting a few. I just keep trying at different times of the day. Have you tried any offers yet? Good luck and if you have any more questions, ask away! As far as cashing out, it is really up to you but I prefer to cash out for larger amounts. When I was new, I cashed out for a couple of $25.00 gift cards just to make sure that I would receive them. I did receive them but it was a pain carrying around a bunch of gift cards in Disney. The next time I waited until I had a much larger amount!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards