Thread: This is too good to let languish in the reviews section (merchant rave!)

Default This is too good to let languish in the reviews section (merchant rave!)

I'm not going to lie-I booked my hotel through Travelocity for the cashback. However, after an underwhelming experience regarding parking at my hotel (Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, MA, FWIW)-despite registering my car, and getting a hang tag, there were no parking spots in either of my hotel's lots. In calling the front desk, I was told to park on the street or the common. I found a parking spot, but given it involved a bit of a walk, I double-checked that was my only option with the desk. I checked out the hotel's website, and it indicated that during busy times, staff may direct guests to a parking garage. As this was not offered to me, I stewed a bit-I was seriously debating booking at a chain hotel 20 minutes away for the next night, but the hotel where I was staying makes you stay two nights. I then suddenly remembered the roaming gnome and his guarantee. I called Travelocity. The person who took my call was awesome-I was on hold for 10 minutes, but was connected to the hotel manager, who saw to it I got a spot in the parking lot ASAP. Based upon this experience. I would definitely recommend Travelocity based on this experience, especially for boutique hotels.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

thaks for the info...good to know.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm glad that you posted this where I could reply. Terrific story!!! And so nice to hear about good customer service.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Heather, other than the parkin, did you enjoy the Hawthorne? I can thisclose to having my wedding there, but the prices were just ridiculous per person. Salem is one of my favorite places! There is soooo much to do.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'm not going to lie-I booked my hotel through Travelocity for the cashback. However, after an underwhelming experience regarding parking at my hotel (Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, MA, FWIW)-despite registering my car, and getting a hang tag, there were no parking spots in either of my hotel's lots. In calling the front desk, I was told to park on the street or the common. I found a parking spot, but given it involved a bit of a walk, I double-checked that was my only option with the desk. I checked out the hotel's website, and it indicated that during busy times, staff may direct guests to a parking garage. As this was not offered to me, I stewed a bit-I was seriously debating booking at a chain hotel 20 minutes away for the next night, but the hotel where I was staying makes you stay two nights. I then suddenly remembered the roaming gnome and his guarantee. I called Travelocity. The person who took my call was awesome-I was on hold for 10 minutes, but was connected to the hotel manager, who saw to it I got a spot in the parking lot ASAP. Based upon this experience. I would definitely recommend Travelocity based on this experience, especially for boutique hotels.
    That is great to know they back up their promises AND they took care of you.
    Awesome!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by nicholfamily5 View Post
    Heather, other than the parkin, did you enjoy the Hawthorne? I can thisclose to having my wedding there, but the prices were just ridiculous per person. Salem is one of my favorite places! There is soooo much to do.
    Funny, a family frieand had the same thought with her DSIS' bday. I liked the Hawthorne, it was beautiful. It was clean, my room was nice but tiny, and the ambiance was nice. I wouldn't have a function there as you have to be quiet after 12:15pm, and you cannot bring your own booze up to your room, it has to be bought there (apparently it's a state law )
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.