Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovemyboys CS Dining Report - with 1 TS too

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Loving this!! Our first trip is in less than 2 weeks. I've got all our Table Service planned and was realizing I have no idea where I want to eat for CS.

Thanks for great details!
    Oh that is so cool. I have to say that one of our favorite CS places is the German pavilion. You can get the brat on a bun with a pretzel and dessert.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Oh that is so cool. I have to say that one of our favorite CS places is the German pavilion. You can get the brat on a bun with a pretzel and dessert.
    My DH would love that!!! Thanks for the suggestion!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    First trip ever?? How fun!! What are your TS restaurants? You should have low crowds and hopefully a little less heat when you go down.

)
    There will be 13 of us at WDW together, 8 adults and 5 kids. Here's our plan:
    Princess Breakfast
    Boma for dinner
    Teppan Edo for dinner
    Chef Mickey's for Bfast
    Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner
    Crystal Palace for dinner

It's hard to plan to please everyone. My kids each picked a place they wanted to try and then I picked the rest. I wanted fun places the kids would love. I am so excited and want to leave now!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

We want to ride as many rides as we can...so we rarely do a table service meal (just crystal palace for the birthday girl)... so this is very helpful for me...
    In MK we used to go to the pirate and the parrot near the pirates ride... but that was closed last year when we went...so I really need the ideas!!!

CHH sounds good... what is CHH???
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Columbia Harbor House. Near Haunted Mansion, I think.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    Columbia Harbor House. Near Haunted Mansion, I think.
    Yeah, it is in Liberty Square which is near Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents (which I still can't convince my kids to go in!).

There is lots of seating upstairs and it is quaint. There is also TONS of extra seating at Pecos Bills if you follow all of the little "additional seating" signs. I couldn't believe how far back that restaurant goes! Which was a good thing since it was are only refuge in the mini-hurricane that hit on our MK night!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Dinner at Pecos

We were thinking about eating dinner around 6pm, just need to gather up my older boys from Splash Mountain and meet up with my sister who had the two little ones over at Pooh's.

Then the rain started.....man it poured! And the wind! It was ridiculous! We had ponchos but we still got completely drenched as we tried to walk down the flooded streets of Frontierland. We got a spot under the porch of Pecos Bills, which had about 100 people in it trying to wait out the storm.

Let me just tell you, there was no waiting out this one! Unless you are good at long waits, which we are not So my poor sister finally brought the two little ones over after about 30 minutes of hiding out in Fantasy Land. The walk over was rough for them, my DS5 was crying when he finally got there. He was soaking wet, tired, and hungry.

Luckily, DS13 had been scouting tables and discovered that Pecos Bills keeps going and going, and then some. There are several seating areas in the back and he found us a table.

The Pecos Bills menu is okay. I'm not one for their burgers, I don't regularly eat hamburger anyway so it's not a surprise that I don't like them. The boys do though so I got one for DS9 and my sister. They loaded them up on the toppings bar and had yogurts for dessert. Yes, cups of strawberry yogurt.

My DS13 and I (split with DS5) decided to get the special. Note, if you want the advertised special, you have to go to a cashier, you cannot order it on the kiosk machine. Learned something new, didn't you?

The special was fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, with corn on the cob. This was actually quite good!! My boys loved it, the chicken was moist and had good coating, it was a boneless breast, potatoes were very tasty and had white gravy (I think Southerners call it cream gravy?) and there was a mini corn on the cob which was okay.

We also got a taco salad for DS6, I didn't care for this. He doesn't eat salsa so I just put shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in it - it was pretty bland and I didn't like the taste of the meat. When they give it to you it is literally the fried taco shell with taco meat in it. Again I don't like hamburger so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

We had the carrot cake for dessert, which is my favorite cake so I was happy that it was good.

Pecos Bill is not my first choice for CS dinner in MK, but this night it really served its purpose, and I was so happy to discover the extra seating. I would return for dinner if they had the special though - that was really good and a great "homestyle", not typical option for dinner. Pair that with the carrot cake and I am a happy camper.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Hi Carrie...

Thanks for the reviews.

We just returned and our CS experiences were pretty positive, on the whole. I had considered the QS plan, but then the free dining offer came around. I love the idea of the QS plan, but I'm not sure I would really be happy with it for a long trip.

I just wanted to let you know that we have only eaten at Casey's once, and that was two years ago. On that occasion I got the taco salad. I do eat hamburger occasionally, but not on a very regular basis. I didnt like the taco salad there either...so it is not just you. I am sure other like it, but I didn't care for it.

Our best counter service from our trip was WPE in DTD, by far!

Looking forward to reading more.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think Peco's Bills taco salad is just a little too much on the junk food side for me. I quit eating carbs and refined sugar for a month before our Disney trip and I noticed that things that are deep fried or really fatty tasted strange/off to me when I ate them at WDW. Which is a good thing

The thing that makes the QS plan work for me is WPE!! If that wasn't an option, there would be no way in heck I would ever consider doing it again!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

we love pecos bill's-i usually get the bbq sub and just eat the meat and side of beans with grapes from DD's plate. DH usually eats my fries AND his (he's skinny as a rail, it makes me sick, lol). i've wanted to try columbia harbor house, but the others aren't big on seafood. thanks for the review!