Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lovemyboys CS Dining Report - with 1 TS too

So this trip we were supposed to hit Epcot too, but that didn't end up working out b/c of some financial issues The boys and I were a little bummed, but we will do it next year. And it was nice just to have the vacation!

We spent the rest of the trip enjoying the many pools of SSR and the quiet pool for the Treehouses. The kids got a big kick out of the slide at the main pool and the spray park at the other pool. We literally spent over 10 hours at the pools over 3 days! Yes, they like to swim

My DS13 also did Disney Quest for 6 hours, he really liked it. The younger boys were content with the arcade at SSR.

The morning after MK, we had breakfast at my favorite - Wolfgang Puck Express

This is by far the best thing about CS meals, in my view. I love a nice breakfast, not big on buffets. I really love a good omelet and potatoes, and WPE does wonderful in this regard.

I had the Denver, Denver which comes with fried potatoes, split it with DS9. Awesome and fresh, delicious as usual

DS13 had the breakfast pizza, also very delicious. This is a little different (it has ranch dressing on it), but it is very good, big enough for most people to share, but not DS13.

My two little guys shared the chocolate chip waffles, which they loved.

So for 3 CS breakfasts were were able to feed 5 of us (you also get 2 drinks for each CS here, we would get coffee for me, tea for DS13, and then 2 bottled juices).

I cannot stress how great WPE is for CS breakfast, at our second breakfast there later in the week, they also allowed us to use 1 SC for a bagel and cream cheese, or fruit cup, or yogurt parfait.

Seriously, if you haven't gone there for breakfast yet - give it a try.....but keep it quiet, okay? We don't need another Goofy's Candy Company situation on our hands!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default A Quick Wrap Up

As usual life gets in the way of me finishing my report

Here is a quick run down of the rest:

Artist's Palette at SSR: we got the chicken cordon bleu paninis which came with homemade chips - YUM!! These were made fresh, hot and delicious. We got two orders and that was enough for 4 people. We were able to get cupcakes for dessert but ymmv on that. It seems to depend on who is working as to what is included on the ddp as a dessert.

Cookes of Dublin @ DTD: tiny inside, dirty tables b/c they are pretty short staffed and people apparently don't get the concept of clearing their trash off the table when they leave It took FOREVER for us to order b/c it was full of foreign people trying to understand what they could get on the ddp. Seriously, if you are from England and Australia - why are you eating the same food you get at home?

The wait for the food was ridiculous, over 20 minutes, but that was mostly due to a huge order that had been placed. We got the fish and chips, scallops, and beef and lamb pie. All were fried delicious!! LOL Seriously, if you liked fried and heavy food - it's good, very filling.

Desserts were hit or miss: fruit cup was a nice option after all of the fried foods, the doh-bar was a decadent treat (fried, delicious, and heavy), but the doughnuts were terrible. We pitched them b/c they tasted like fish batter with powdered sugar

My kids loved the beef/lamb pie (they are big shephard's pie fans) and it was nice to have something different so we will go back there again.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Sassagoula

Our second to last night we headed over to PO FQ to have dinner at the Sassagoula food court. The kids wanted to try beignets, they LOVED them! I actually let them eat those first since they are best hot out of the fryer! They still talk about that

We ordered the 16 inch meat deluxe pizza for 2 cs credits. They let me get 1/2 of it plain cheese - which was just plain nice of them!! My two little sons only eat plain cheese pizza so this made it much easier to split the pizza without having to order something extra for them. The pizza was good and it came in a super cute Disney box which the boys just loved! It's the little things

It was more than enough to feed all of us and we ended up taking home 2 pieces for later. The boys also used some SC here on double scoop ice cream cones and just one more order of beignets
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Pepper Market and Narcoosee's

Pepper Market has been a good option for a nice CS dinner with a good variety of foods to satisfy all of us. It was still a good option this year, though they have down graded a lot of the food (quality wise) and took away quite a few choices.

We got the steak which was really a pretty cheap cut, like flank or skirt. It had grilled veggies which looked good, but were very oily and not really delicious. We also got salmon, I think. I remember that the tuna wasn't available and that my fish was good but the rice with it was sweet - which I hate. We were able to get some baked goods like brownies and cake for dessert - so that was better than last year. Overall we would go again, just because it is so nice to have more options than chicken nuggets, burgers, or hotdogs.

Narcoosee's was our 1 ts, just my two sisters and I went while my super nice BIL took all of the kids to BnC to get the kitchen sink

Unfortunately, there was another HUGE downpour/mini hurricane and Narcoossee's is quite a hike from the main GF building. The front desk called us a golf cart and we were driven over. We still got drenched b/c of the rain and wind, but much less so than if we had tried to walk

My little sister got the whole lobster - it was good but still not super sweet, she realized that she just likes crab better

My other sister got the crab encrusted halibut but subbed in the loaded potatoes - excellent meal, really delicious. We all wished we would have ordered that.

I wanted to get something lighter so I got the vegetarian option. It was four small dishes - the standouts being the cauliflower gratin and the baby zuchinni with hollandaise. It was light and very good.

For dessert we were disappointed to learn that only GF guest can get the macaroon cookies. So we split the almond crusted cheesecake and the chocolate cake with blood orange sauce. The cheesecake was excellent as usual but the chocolate cake was nothing special.

Overall it was a very good meal, the ambience was very nice and relaxed - a great girl's meal out.

That wraps it up, thanks for reading!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie