Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on eBay purchase

Default Question on eBay purchase

I made a purchase on eBay and used the link from SR to connect to eBay, login and make my payment via PayPal. I received my confirmation e-mail from PayPal but haven't received a confirmation e-mail from SR nor has my purchase posted as pending in my account. Should I open a trouble ticket or am I just outta' luck on this purchase? Thanks!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ebay has to report the sale to SR. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks. If you just did it tonight don't worry as it is never instantious. You will not receive a confirmation email from SR but keep the ebay and paypal information in the event you need to file a TT (wait 10-14 days after your purchase for this)
    Sunshine Rewards

Great! Thanks for the quick reply! I *really* appreciate it! :O)

I just got burned on the credit for a $200.00 ebay purchase. TT says they don't see the transaction?!?

Getting frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbrie View Post
    I just got burned on the credit for a $200.00 ebay purchase. TT says they don't see the transaction?!?

Getting frustrated.
    That would mean that ebay didn't give us credit for it. eBay doesn't accept disputes from us when credits are missing. They have basically told us that if our members click on our links like they are supposed to, the credits will show up. Well, we know that does not always happen because sometimes people have things on their computers that overwrite cookies. So we always double check to make sure that a credit didn't just slip through or error out when someone files a ticket. But beyond that, ebay just doesn't care. It's infuriating because we all lose when that happens.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That would mean that ebay didn't give us credit for it. eBay doesn't accept disputes from us when credits are missing. They have basically told us that if our members click on our links like they are supposed to, the credits will show up. Well, we know that does not always happen because sometimes people have things on their computers that overwrite cookies. So we always double check to make sure that a credit didn't just slip through or error out when someone files a ticket. But beyond that, ebay just doesn't care. It's infuriating because we all lose when that happens.

To add to that.....if you are on ebay searching for a while before you buy, it may time out even if you have gone through the SR link. A good rule of thumb is to log into ebay using SR and find what you want. Then close your browser and clear cookies. That will log out you out of ebay. Sign onto SR and then ebay and log in and bid/buy.

Hope that helps......sorry that happened to you.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    To add to that.....if you are on ebay searching for a while before you buy, it may time out even if you have gone through the SR link. A good rule of thumb is to log into ebay using SR and find what you want. Then close your browser and clear cookies. That will log out you out of ebay. Sign onto SR and then ebay and log in and bid/buy.

Hope that helps......sorry that happened to you.
    that's what we do. I must have like 6 pending transactions for ebay just waiting for the 30 day mark

Quote Originally Posted by aknight373 View Post
    that's what we do. I must have like 6 pending transactions for ebay just waiting for the 30 day mark

Love it !!! Yay for you!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I bought about $300 of textbooks from Half.com 2 weeks ago. It still hasn't credited, will I have the same problems since Half.com is an eBay website? I never thought about clearing my cookies but I did go through the Sunshine link. Plus I did two different purchases a couple days apart, and neither one credited. Please say I won't be out those credits!
    OH BOY!

Quote Originally Posted by JustMickey View Post
    I bought about $300 of textbooks from Half.com 2 weeks ago. It still hasn't credited, will I have the same problems since Half.com is an eBay website? I never thought about clearing my cookies but I did go through the Sunshine link. Plus I did two different purchases a couple days apart, and neither one credited. Please say I won't be out those credits!
    Half.com more often than not does NOT auto credit for us but we tend to be able to find the credits when people file TTs. I don't know what it is with their reporting, but it errors out a lot. Out of 700 merchants, they are one of the few stinkers (along with Barnes and Noble) in terms of just getting the numbers to credit from their system to ours.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs