Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many carbs in a Mickey bar? For 3dog2kidmom

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I'm so loving your TR and all the pictures! The one of Sam I think at Lilo & Stitch you can tell how tired she was.

THat's probably the ONLY complaint I have at Disney is how RUDE the CM's are in France! I was SHOCKED at how rude they were compared to everywhere else.
    Thanks April! I agree about France but to be frank, it makes it all seem so real. Like we really were in France! I hated Paris because people were sooo rude to Americans. I tried so hard to say a few phrases in French and asked them to switch to English but they would refuse. It was so frustrating. The countryside in France was much different. People were kinder and it was quite obvious they did not speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    great Trip report...fantastic pictures...

What are the kim possible missions?? I don't know anything about it.....
    The Kim Possible missions are so cool! It's an interactive activity that uses a cell phone to communicate to you your clues and allows you to do things in each country. You get a fast pass at one of the KP stations - there are a few in world showcase and one between future world and WS. It will tell you what country your mission is in and what time you can start. Like any FP you can go anytime after your start time and up until 8pm every night. The system knows how many missions are going on at anytime so it will distribute people evenly. There are also several missions for each country so you can hit some countries more than once. When you get to your country, you stop at the KP station and get your cell phone. It steps you through how to use it and then you start your mission. It gives you clues to get to each spot you need to get to and then cool things happen when you've found the right spot. I don't want to say any more and give it away because even I was shocked at what would happen. Really neat! It was a cool way to check out the whole country and even had CMs involved. Here's a great website on it:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kimpossible/

Loving this report!! We arrive next Saturday for our first trip. Can't wait! Reading this is getting me even more excited!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the information on the KP missions... I think this will make it more fun for my kids...as the countries are my favorite part... but they would rather ride rides (imagine that )... so this means more time discovering bits of the countries...
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    THat's probably the ONLY complaint I have at Disney is how RUDE the CM's are in France! I was SHOCKED at how rude they were compared to everywhere else.
    That is interesting... I've never experienced rude CMs in France. Our server at Les Chefs 2 years ago was really amazing.

Day 6 - Thursday, September 3 (DHS):

Today was our second DHS day and we wanted to ride all our favorites again and see a few things we didnít see the first day. We didn't need to be first at the rope but I did want to get there before the park opened. I think we arrived by 8:45. DS needed to use the bathroom and then we went looking for a visor. DD had forgotten her hat and it was already blazing hot! We found one at the corner where the rope was and bought it while everyone rushed to TSM. DS decided that today he would try RRC. We decided to do this first and get it over with. We stopped for a couple photopass pictures in front of TOT. We walked onto RRC at 9:05 and although DS was nervous, he did great and LOVED it. He still did not want to try TOT again though. I really wanted to get over to TSM now but both kids were begging to ride RRC again. I won.

We got to TSM and found out it wasn't running. It hadn't been running yet at all and the standby line was enormous. I couldn't believe people would stand there not knowing when or if the ride would even work! I really wanted to get our pictures with the characters from Up! so we went to the animation area but it wasn't open yet. From there we headed over to Star Tours and to try to be a Jedi again. He still didn't get picked for Jedi training so I told him they knew he didn't need any training. He said "yeah, I could totally beat Darth Vadar!" After ST we headed back over to the animation building Ė why do I feel like we're going back and forth today?? We wait in line for what seems like an eternity. I am so spoiled with Tour Guide Mike that I can't even wait 10 minutes any more! Finally they opened the doors and then the kids decided they really didn't want to wait with all these people. We've never been in this area so I didn't know what to expect. Would we be waiting an hour in line with all these people? I really was the one pushing for this character meet so I had to give up my dream and deal with wasting 20 minutes on nothing. UGH! So, let's try TSM again. YEAH! Itís running. I have no qualms about using our GAC today. We head straight to the FP lane. Apparently my morals are degrading with all the exposure to the heat and humidity. The guy loading cars today is really confused by his own math. He's having a hard time and it's definitely causing tie-ups. Then a woman in front of us confuses him even more by not going when she was supposed to (to stay with her family) and trying to push my daughter in front of her to go. No matter how much I argued with her, she really couldn't understand why I didn't want her 2 cycles ahead of me and DS! Her husband got it, the CM got it, but she kept trying to shove DD in front of her. Anyway, we enjoyed another spin on TSM and I continued to marvel over all the cool details. As we left TSM, we hit the bathrooms and noticed the Prince Caspian thing was open. We have not seen these movies (don't think my kids are ready for them yet) but I did read some of the books as a kid. OK, total waste of time here. Really, Disney, you couldn't come up with something better? Although there were a couple cool things, it was like a commercial for the movie. Now I'm annoyed for wasting more time. We start walking towards the hat and DD reminds me that she really wants to go on GMR again. This time the line is out the door and the CM says it's about a 15 minute wait. We start to get on as she adds "and the ride is 20 minutes long." I thought "really? I didn't realize it was THAT long!" So we hop out of line because if we go in we'll miss HSM3 and DD really wanted to see that. We found a spot in the shade and got some more frozen lemonade. Then a CM came over to tell us we'd have to leave because of the parade and told us where to stand to get a better view of it. DD liked it, DS didn't, I thought it was ok. We saw HSM (or maybe HSM2) last time we were there and I thought it was better. Maybe it's just because I didn't know any of the songs. After the show, DD begged to see American Idol. Why, I don't know since we don't even watch it at home, but it was air conditioned and there was one kick butt 14 year old so it was enjoyable. Hope she makes it far! After AI ended we hoofed it to Pizza Planet. DS is a big Toy Story fan and was sad we never found Buzz so this helped make him a little happier. We all enjoyed lunch here but didn't have time for any games. We really had to hurry to make it to the Lights! Motor! Action! stunt show. I thought the show was at 1:30 but it started at 1:20 so we didn't have great seats. We could see everything fine but were in the blazing hot sun. I can still hear DS whining. We enjoyed the show and I'm glad we saw it but probably won't go again. Upon leaving, yet another rude person ran over DS. He's not that small, people! You must be able to see him! After the stunt show it was time to say good-bye to DHS. Boohoo!!!! The kids were begging for another RRC ride but we really needed a break. We headed back to Pop and relaxed a bit. By the time we actually got there, we didn't have a ton of time before we had to leave for the Poly to see the luau. I convinced the kids to nap for a few minutes, then I took a shower and freshened up. Before we knew it, it was time to head to MK and grab the boat to the Polynesian.

We were there way too early but I guess that's better than being late. I grabbed a spot in a hammock on the beach, DS played Wii with the resort staff, and DD played in the sand. I love that she doesn't know I'm taking pictures of her!

We easily find the signs pointing to the luau location, check-in and receive our leis.

We chose not to get the family picture and just asked someone to snap one for us while waiting for our table. I don't know why DS has such a cheesy smile or while he's clinging to me but I had given up by this point. Iím not sure why I expected a nice family picture when I'd actually spent time color-coordinating our outfits! Glad I didn't waste money on the dinner photo.

We all really enjoyed the luau. The kids gave faces when they saw the food but I knew they'd like it if they would try it. We asked for the kids boxed meals which got them a hot dog and ľ cup of mac & cheese. This wasn't enough for DD so she ended up trying the rice and veggies and liked them both. DD tried the veggies and he liked them as well as the salad. The only thing I didn't try were the ribs but everything else was wonderful. I could eat that salad dressing every day of my life! The kids were not happy that I coerced them into going on stage to learn the hula but were quickly vindicated when I was dragged up there to dance with one of the guys. UGH! Fortunately, DD didn't think to take any pictures. We were sitting at a table in the front on the side so we couldn't have asked for much better seats. I am really glad we did this dinner show and that I listened to Shelly's opinion instead of the multitudes of bad reviews I'd read.

We really lucked out with the weather too. It looked like it was going to start pouring any minute from an hour before it started through the entire show but we didn't even feel a sprinkle. After the show we rode the monorail back to MK and then grabbed a bus for Pop. We played a little Monopoly cards when we got back to our room. I really didn't feel like it but DS had been asking all week. I packed up a little bit and started feeling sad that tomorrow was our last full day BUT excited about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!