Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many carbs in a Mickey bar? For 3dog2kidmom

Thanks again for reading ladies! I didn't mean for the pictures to be so large. They were taken with 2 different cameras. Mine is a Kodak EasyShare C875 (8MP) and DD's is a HP Photosmart R742 (7MP). I eventually need a digital SLR. I have all these great plans for photos and they never come out because mine doesn't quite do the fancy stuff.

~Dori

We were at MK on 8/31 too It was hot! We got in around 9:05am and stayed until the torrential rain storm made us leave!

I can't believe you guys were able to walk through it, even with our ponchos we were completely drenched! All of the boys shoes and socks were soaked, the streets were literally running with water over in Frontierland.

We hunkered down in Pecos Bills for an hour waiting for it to let up. Finally we gave up around 6:30pm and headed back to the Treehouse I was so sad to miss Spectro and the fireworks, but the boys were totally defeated by the rain storm.

The nice thing was we had done everything we wanted to do ride-wise by that point, so we didn't feel like we missed too much.

Sorry to hear that CP wasn't good, we had ADR's there for dinner too but had to cancel them when our trip plan changed to the QS plan. Sounds like we didn't miss much

Thanks for sharing your trip, great pictures!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Carrie - it wasn't easy to stay in through the rain but we just went from one indoor attraction to the next. If it hadn't stopped by the time we left Monsters, we would have left. I'm glad we saw it because the rain at Epcot the next day was even worse.

~Dori

Tuesday, September 1st:

Boy were we tired from last night! And we didn't even stay out that late. I think it was 11:30pm when we hit the pillows. DS really did love his costume and of course, Stormy is in this picture too!

I was awake around 7am but laid in bed letting the kids sleep in. We enjoyed lounging around this morning compared to the last few mornings. By 9:30am we were heading out the door for the bus to Magic Kingdom. We had a 10:30 reservation for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian Resort. The bus for MK was full and as it was loading another pulled up but we still ended up standing on that one. Really glad we weren't going to MK today! After arriving at MK we decided to take the monorail to the Poly. After arriving at the resort, we oohed and ahhed over the lobby and quickly found O'Hana.

We checked in right at our reservation time and ended up having to wait about 20 minutes for our table. We were served juice, cinnamon bread, and a fruit platter pretty quickly. Our server wasn't very attentive but I think she was simply overwhelmed. We were a little table of 3 against the windows surrounded by 4 large parties. I know she had at least all of those tables to serve and possibly more. She was very nice though and was definitely trying. The character interaction here was fantastic.

We really enjoyed all of them but especially Lilo and Stitch. Both played with the kids and even played with their toys.

The breakfast platter came out and Mickey waffles delivered and we all declared this the best meal of the week! We will definitely return to O'Hana and I just wish we could have packed up our leftovers and brought them home. So yummy!!!

After breakfast we walked outside to drool over the pool. The kids were dying to go on the volcano slide, which I expected. I was really shocked to see how small that pool is compared to the 3 large ones at Pop. Maybe there are more pools and we just didn't see them? After checking out the pool, we walked on the beach and snapped a few pics on the hammocks. I wanted a pic facing the water but the morning sun was too bright in our eyes. I was trying to get these shots myself. I dragged over a lounge chair, setup the camera, set the timer, and rushed over to my spot. My timing was getting better when a nice family walked by and offered to take the pic for us! I thought this one turned out decently.

From the beach we noticed a boat had just pulled up so we took that back to MK. That was fun, probably faster than the monorail, and nice and cool! Time to head back to our hotel and hit the pool! Not wanting to pay lots of money for baggage fees, I only packed enough clothes for 4 days so today was laundry day. The kids wanted to check out the hippy dippy pool so I lugged a heavy bag of clothes in the hot sun over to the laundry room there only to find all the machines in use. We headed back to the computer pool, threw our laundry in, and enjoyed some pool time. After the laundry was done, we headed back to our room for a quick nap and refreshing air conditioning. We had reservations in Italy at Epcot for dinner and I wanted to get over there by 3 to get some rides in first. I don't know what time we did get there but it was at least 4 or later. We headed straight to Test Track. We've never been on this ride but heard great things about it and DS was anxious to try it. Of course, he started getting nervous and talking about not going on. I told him he didn't have a choice: no dark areas, no flips, no backwards areas - all the things he hates about "roller coasters." Oh yeah and IT'S NOT A ROLLER COASTER! This time I did not feel bad using our GAC. DD had hurt her ankle day 1 jumping in the pool so on top of crappy blood sugar numbers she was also having a hard time walking so much. Fantastic! UGH! We all loved the ride even though it was obvious it wasn't running correctly. It stopped a few times in areas it seemed like it wasn't supposed to and the screen was flickering on and off. After Test Track we started heading toward World Showcase. I thought I may have felt a rain drop. We stopped off at a Kim Possible stop and grabbed a FP. We were to report to Norway after 5:30. We were nearly to Italy when the downpour started. We quickly threw on our ponchos and tried to walk faster to Tutto Italia. Still, we were soaked by the time we arrived. I was really starting to worry that our only chance to see Illuminations was going to be ruined. It was the one thing I absolutely had to see this trip. We all thoroughly enjoyed Tutto. The service was outstanding even though we were surrounded by large parties. The staff enjoyed speaking Italian with us - the little bit we know! The kids had what most would consider boring spaghetti but they loved it and I was happy they ate. I enjoyed the cannelloni and the chocolate torte for dessert - the veal meatballs are outstanding! I tried the gelato the kids ordered and it was excellent. Six thumbs up from us! An hour+ after we arrived it was still down pouring. We tried to walk to Norway for our Kim Possible mission but were thoroughly soaked by the time we arrived and I was annoyed at being pelted in the face by rain. There were areas that the water was up to my ankles and I was just not in the mood to wait and see if the rain stopped. We kept walking through the park and out to the buses. I know I should have hung out in one of the indoor places in Future World but was just so dejected at being completely drenched. I was really worried about all my extra diabetes supplies being ruined in my bag too. Even though my poncho was over it, it wasn't doing much. I believe it stopped raining a few minutes before 9. Not sure if Illuminations was on that night or not. We didn't really mind the early night either. It took 2 days just to dry my sneakers out!
    Last edited by bflohockey; 09-11-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Day 5 - Wednesday, September 2:

It was raining when I woke up this morning and I was miserable thinking our second Epcot day would be rained out. I knew we?d at least try to get some done even through the rain. Autograph books got packed in ziplock bags and we stopped in the Pop gift shop and bought better ponchos. I thought our early night last night would make getting to rope drop at Epcot easy today but we were a little behind getting out to the buses this morning and the line was long. We ended up arriving at the park at 9:15 and DS was upset. "They probably already dropped the rope!" LOL! I'm glad they were easy to get motivated each morning. It made it so much easier for me. We stopped for a couple Photopass pictures in front of the "golf ball" and then headed into the park. DD took this one (DS is smiling in this one but not the Photopass ones?!):

I had set plans for today but they quickly went to the wayside after missing the Soarin' stampede. I decided to get over my moral dilemmas and just use the GAC for getting in the FP lanes. Standby waits weren't long for most rides anyway. DS saw Spaceship Earth and really wanted to go inside the "golf ball." At first I told him we?d do it later but then I saw there was no wait so we walked on. This is the only ride he rode by himself and loved the touch screens! This has been updated since I rode it last and I really enjoyed it too. Even DD admitted it was cool. From there we headed over to the Seas and rode Nemo and then saw Turtle Talk with Crush. I LOVE Crush so I really enjoyed this one. DS asked him a question and was thrilled with his answer. One little boy made the whole audience laugh as he talked about his parents spanking him because they don't like his behavior but they still love him. I'm sure every other parent was thankful that wasn't their kid! Afterwards Crush said "anyone else want to give out their family secrets?!" So funny! After the show we spent a brief amount of time checking out the fish/dolphins and shark area. We had a lot to do today since our evening was rained out so I was in a hurry.

From there we went to the Land and rode Soarin'. This was our first time on this ride and we loved it! Not enough time to ride it again though. From Soarin' to Test Track we go and we still didn't realize when our picture was being taken to do a fun pose. This second time the ride seemed to be working correctly though not so much on the 3rd time! We did get a little pelted with rain on this one. It was sprinkling but when you're going 65mph it feels like more! On to Mission: Space (GREEN!). The kids weren't happy when they found out what the green was but I've ridden the orange side before and it really ruined my day. I could not shake the headache it gave me. They had no idea what to expect on this ride and were so excited to control different parts of the mission. Fun! As we were getting off, I said "we are about to walk through a very cool area but we really don't have time to stay and play. I'm sorry" I felt so bad dragging them from place to place but I wanted them to see it all! We had a noon reservation in France to see Remy so we headed over to WS, stopping in England for a new Kim Possible FP. Norway again. Gesh! After checking in at Les Chefs, we got a few Photopass photos by the fountain. Each time I suggested getting a picture the kids both heartily agreed. I have no idea why DS isn't smiling in ANY picture and looks so mad. At least he's smiling in all his character pictures but just none of the ones with me in them! He wasn't mad at me - the total opposite - hugging and clinging the entire week. I'm really irritated though because I have no xmas card pic now! But at least he has that stupid stuffed Storm Trooper in every @#Q#^ picture! We enjoyed lunch but it wasn't our favorite meal. It was the only place they reminded me several times that gratuity isn't included in the dining plan and gave me a hard time about using an adult table service credit on a child. DS wanted mac & cheese and they don't have it on the kids menu! Plus I had the extra TS credit to use. Who cares?! Our service started out good but then died off towards the end with us sitting around for 20 minutes waiting for the bill. We did enjoy seeing Remy and his handler is hysterical.

I loved the French onion soup and chocolate torte cake. The ham & cheese wasn't quite the way I remembered from Paris. We could see Belle outside while we ate so DD wanted to meet her after lunch. She was gone but Sleeping Beauty had just arrived and no one was in line to see her. She spent quite a bit of time talking to DD about how she came from Buffalo in her Royal Coach. By the time we were done with her, Belle was back out. DS wanted nothing to do with the princesses! All of these pics are on Photopass. Both kids wanted to get the autograph books stamped in each country but also wanted to do their Kim Possible mission. So we headed back through Canada and Great Britain:

Last edited by bflohockey; 09-11-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Then Mexico and Norway. After getting stamped, we got our mission. We all really enjoyed this and I was amazed at what they could do with a cell phone! I just wish it wasn't so HOT! I'm not complaining though because the rain had stopped threatening and the sun was out!! At the end of our mission, we just had to do another one. This time: Mexico. Since we were right next to Maelstrom we decided to try it. Uh? interesting, I guess. Off to Mexico and another cool mission! Also got a great picture with Mexican Donald Duck. At the end, they were enjoying the missions so much I let them get another one. This time: Japan. Cool! So we walked along and got all the stamps for the other countries. We met Mulan in front of China and watched the road disappear so they could bring the giant globe into the lake for Illuminations.

We didn't stay long in any country unfortunately. I did grab a beer in Germany and we shared a pretzel. Not quite the same as real German beer but refreshing, that's for sure! We were going to wait for Snow White but a CM told us she wasn't due out for 25 more minutes. We headed out for more stamps and arrived in Japan to do our mission. This one was probably the coolest! We saw the candy artist but didn't get close enough to see what she was doing and I couldn't understand a word she was saying! We saw Jasmine in Morocco (my favorite nation in WS!). The Photopass guy got a great shot of DS being a stinker and not getting in the "princess" pic. I tried to get Photopass pics at the fountain in Morocco but the guy took really dumb shots and my kids were not happy about touching each other! LOL! We really wanted to do more but it was getting late and we still had a few more countries to visit. We finished up our stamps and started heading out of the park. The kids begged me to ride Test Track and Mission:Space one more time. It was already 6pm and we were tired! We did the rides one more time and I let them play in the area after Mission: Space this time. DD sent video emails to Dad and Grandma while DS climbed through the play structure. We wanted to do the mission control thing but they didn't have enough people for it until just as we were leaving.

DD and I talked about staying for Illuminations but she was having a really hard time walking and we were all pretty beat. I was so sad about missing this show but I knew it wasn't worth killing my kids over and potentially ruining tomorrow's rope drop. We walked out of the park at 7:30 and grabbed a late dinner at Pop. We brought the food back to our room, watched Disney channel (of course!), and then hit the sack.
    Last edited by bflohockey; 09-11-2009 at 11:31 AM.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I'm so loving your TR and all the pictures! The one of Sam I think at Lilo & Stitch you can tell how tired she was.

THat's probably the ONLY complaint I have at Disney is how RUDE the CM's are in France! I was SHOCKED at how rude they were compared to everywhere else.
    Sunshine Rewards

great Trip report...fantastic pictures...

What are the kim possible missions?? I don't know anything about it.....
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Thanks for sharing your trip report. I'm loving it!
    Robin