Thread: Travel credits

Default Travel credits

I have looked at previous threads and I am still unsure about the answer to this question, so I apologize in advance if it has already been answered and I overlooked it.

I booked a hotel using hotels.com in August for a stay in October. I have paid in full and it is non-refundable. Since the credit is not in pending, do I need to wait until 10 days after I complete my stay to get credit or since it is non-refundable, do I need to file one now?

I don't mind being patient and waiting (although it is a little hard ) if I need to, but I don't want to miss my opportunity to file a TT.

Thanks!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I don't know the answer to your TT question, but I have always wondered how that works. I do know that most travel credits don't credit until after your stay. I booked a hotel from hotels.com in July for a stay in August and it first went into pending 3 days after our stay.
    Robin

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I also really have no idea. You know it never hurts to open a TT to ask. The worst that will happen is Angie will tell you that you are too early and close it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Since I have had travel questions lately, I will try to help.

hotels.com allows cancelations. Therefore, if I recall correctly, they will credit after the stay. The stuff that you cannot cancel seems to credit, or show up in some way in Pending, before the stay, because they have your money and will not be giving it back.
    Sunshine Rewards

A lot of travel merchants will report the reservation but not issue credit until after the stay. That's why members may get responses from me in tickets that indicate that I can see the transaction but credits have not been awarded yet. Travel merchants are all over the board and can take up to 45days to issue credits. If its been beyond 10-14 days since you booked. You are welcome to open a ticket. I'll be happy to look and see if the reservation has been reported. The only gray area is that credit may not be reported and awarded until after the stay. I'm not familiar with Hotels.com in this regard. Open a ticket, and we'll take a look.

Hope that made sense for everyone!
    Angie

Leslie- if you look back in your account history around the time you booked the hotel, do you see any entries from hotel.com with 0.00 as the amount? That is how my rental car reservatios show up. And then after the hotel stay or rental car date, the actual amount posts to my account. If you see that 0.00 entry, you should be good. If not, I'm with the others and would file a trouble ticket so Angie can check on it for you.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks everyone for your help!

I do not see in 0.00 credits in my account, so I will open the TT and see what we find out.

p.s. Forum members are the best for answering questions!!!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards