Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Posts problem

Default New Posts problem

Just wondering if it is just me... since I seem to be having browser problems lately...

When I pust the new posts button on this site... I get show a list from a few hours ago... nothing recent... but when I look around the boards I can see there are more recent posts...
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I, too, have experience the same problem or sometimes it will show no new posts and after browsing on my own I find them.
    Last edited by Blessing and Miracle; 09-16-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

That's very odd. I hit it about every 15 minutes and have never had that happen.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

i'm not sure if this is the same thing that is happening to me. for some reason since yesterday i have not received any forum notifications when someone posts in a thread that i have subscribed to. maybe it has to do with the problem of the forum being down yesterday but i think it is kind of odd. any thoughts or ideas about how i can get these notfications emailed to me again would be greatly appreciated. can someone please help me find out why i am not receiving email notifications of forum postings.
    Last edited by marcymajor; 09-16-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: update
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    Just wondering if it is just me... since I seem to be having browser problems lately...

When I pust the new posts button on this site... I get show a list from a few hours ago... nothing recent... but when I look around the boards I can see there are more recent posts...
    I'm with Tricia, I haven't noticed any problems other then some evenings and weekends when it's real quiet and no one is posting. Then I just go to "today's posts" and bring them up to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That's very odd. I hit it about every 15 minutes and have never had that happen.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    i'm not sure if this is the same thing that is happening to me. for some reason since yesterday i have not received any forum notifications when someone posts in a thread that i have subscribed to. maybe it has to do with the problem of the forum being down yesterday but i think it is kind of odd. any thoughts or ideas about how i can get these notfications emailed to me again would be greatly appreciated. can someone please help me find out why i am not receiving email notifications of forum postings.
    Now that you say it I haven't either and I'm sure it's due to the server switch.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the answers. It must be my browser. I went on an upgrade all my software binge, and something is in a funky state, or it is something my internet provider is doing.

I'm a sunshinerewardsforum junkie... so I'll just find another way to get new posts.

Since it is not checking for new posts when I hit the button... it never gives me the option of no new posts look at the last 24 hours... I'll have to get a link to the last 24 hours page if I get it again.

Could ccleaner have caused problems?? I started using it since my offer credit rate has been so bad lately.... I think sunshinerewardsforum had some flash cookies, that I got rid of when I cleaned everything.

I really am grateful that people answered my obscure question. I'm sure I'll figure it out... or another way to get new posts.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I'm noticing the same thing?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have that happen every now and then Faith. I'm not quite sure how to fix it though. It seems that when I don't log into the forum for a few days (normally when I go out of town on the weekends) I'll miss new posts that are "old" but "new" to me if that makes sense. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing.
    Sunshine Rewards

just out of curiousity has anyone gotten any email from the forum today from people who have posted on threads they are a member of? i have not gotten anything since yesterday and i am always posting on the forum in select threads so i do not understand why all of a sudden the emails have stopped.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

just out of curiousity has anyone gotten any email from the forum today from people who have posted on threads they are a member of? i have not gotten anything since yesterday and i am always posting on the forum in select threads so i do not understand why all of a sudden the emails have stopped.
    I'm not either, very strange because a lot of my emails come from SR for threads that I've responded to and I'm not getting them but when I go to new posts there are replies that I should have received? I just looked at my account and my notifications are checked as "Instant" so I should be getting them but I'm not for some reason.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES