Thread: Trouble with surveys

Default Trouble with surveys

Hi, I am new and am having trouble with doing surveys. I've done several and gotten credit for them, all is fine that way.

My question is why I get halfway through a long survey and then it either gives me a screen that says there are no surveys available for me or that I don't qualify for this survey. This is AFTER the prequalifying questions, after they've told me I have a survey etc.

Both times I'd already answered many many questions (the one just now was about my recent vacation travel). It doesn't seem fair that they get all the answers and then just say that you don't qualify. Is this common?

Monique

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Normally when that happens then a few things could have happened:

1. You were going too fast
    2. You missed a quality control question
    3. The demographic you meet was filled while taking the survey
    4. Some other random act that is not easily explained.

The good thing is that if you get booted then the answers you gave are not sent to the people running the survey - they are erased so no one is getting free information at your expense. It is rather frustrating to go through a survey and think you've qualified and then get booted but it happens sometimes but it isn't that common to get booted from them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Thanks for the info!

Ok, glad to know it happens occasionally and what I might have been doing wrong. I was going kind of fast, so that may have been it. Thanks!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Glad I could help a little. Sometimes I'll keep a survey window open and yahoo news and read some of the headlines between answering questions when I am in a speedy mood. It helps me slow down!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the tip on slowing down a bit. I took a survey last night and got to the very end (classification questions) and even got to a screen where they said "Thank you for your input, your answers have been recorded" or something like that, then it redirected me to Sunshine's "Did not qualify" page. I suppose I was answering the questions a bit fast, does it just not have time to catch up at that point?
    OH BOY!

Quote Originally Posted by JustMickey View Post
    Thanks for the tip on slowing down a bit. I took a survey last night and got to the very end (classification questions) and even got to a screen where they said "Thank you for your input, your answers have been recorded" or something like that, then it redirected me to Sunshine's "Did not qualify" page. I suppose I was answering the questions a bit fast, does it just not have time to catch up at that point?
    It's for quality control to ensure you were reading the questions instead of randomly clicking buttons to get through it. I tend to read quickly, so I will do what Cate does and read headlines on another site or surf the SR forum (or play fetch with the dog, etc.) to slow myself down. I doesn't take me several minutes to figure out how old I am or what my zip code is, but I have learned to move slowly!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'smom View Post
    It's for quality control to ensure you were reading the questions instead of randomly clicking buttons to get through it. I tend to read quickly, so I will do what Cate does and read headlines on another site or surf the SR forum (or play fetch with the dog, etc.) to slow myself down. I doesn't take me several minutes to figure out how old I am or what my zip code is, but I have learned to move slowly!

Sometimes, I count. I pretty much know my age, sex, etc. And, I am quick to figure out that I don't work in marketing, etc. I am a nurse. We just know these things.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Sometimes, I count. I pretty much know my age, sex, etc. And, I am quick to figure out that I don't work in marketing, etc. I am a nurse. We just know these things.
    Exactly, I don't have to think to hard that every day I answer how much our household income is, or how old my children are. I know my race and gender like the back of my hand....

I usually read the forum while taking a survey to slow it down or log into facebook and then I get sucked into farkle, or farmville, farmtown etc. It took me an hour one day to do a 15 min survey bc of facebook! lol
    Sunshine Rewards