Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So with the new MK expansion, is anyone considering moving their trip?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default So with the new MK expansion, is anyone considering moving their trip?

So I found a few more articles tonight about the planned MK expansion. Seems like construction will begin next year with targeted openings for 2012 and 2013. So with that information, is anyone planning on delaying or moving their trip up? We went in 2006 when the castle was getting a face lift and it wasn't too terrible but I'm wondering how much of a mess Fantasyland and Toon Town will be in the next couple of years.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I wish I had a tripped planned but we talked about not going to Disney next year and going other places instead. I am already having withdrawal - no trip planning.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

What are they adding?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Supposively removing Toon Town and expanding Dumbo, adding a restaurant or two and building a new Little Mermaid Ride and princess meet and greet area. I think there is another thread around here on it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Supposively removing Toon Town and expanding Dumbo, adding a restaurant or two and building a new Little Mermaid Ride and princess meet and greet area. I think there is another thread around here on it.
    Oh my, moving TT!!! Hhmm, I sure hope they have a really good plan. What would one do with out visiting Mickey and Minnie's house?
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, it is an artist rendering & blue print of the proposed area.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...21880.htmlpage

I wasn't too sure of all the princess theme, we are not a princess family. But the more I thought about it I'm really looking forward to the architecture and immersion...probably going to be awesome. Sort of like Epcot but with mini castles

It looks as if you go past the carousel, through the castle wall into this whole neat land.

We are going Jan/Feb 2010, so I'm not sure anything would be started then. But, we usually are on a 2 year plan, so I'm probably going to make it 3 years for all to be finished....can save up lots of SR rewards

I think I read somewhere they'd be moving Mickey & Minnie's houses somewhere else in the park. Not sure where they'd go though!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

we are doing 2010 jan, only because of the marathon. after that i am planning to. wait til fantasy land/tt is complete. so i am going to have serious withdrawals.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

My understanding is that FL will not be affected until it is actually time to open so I would bet trips next year won't even see a difference there. Toontown might end up being closed but for us that just means missing Barnstormer which isn't really a big deal. The majority of the work is going to be done from Toontown back with nothing changing in FL except the fact that Dumbo will be moved. I would bet you won't see much difference until they move Dumbo and get to the end and prepare to open the new section.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am planning a trip for 9/2010... but then another will probably be in the works for 3-4 years later. Hoping sooner than later

Well I might be worrying about next year for nothing. Seems like Mike is eyeing another cruise not WDW for our 2010 vacation. I just hope that doesn't mean if we push it back a year that things will be torn up in 2011. Crossing my fingers that Janet is right.
    Sunshine Rewards